Need help with prices to sell some studio scale Star Wars ships

psimon

I have some studio scale Star Wars ships from EFX and MR to sell and am having a difficult time finding some kind of current value to base my prices on. EBay is not helping as some items are not even found in the SOLD listing and 'BEST OFFER' does not say what that offer was

Is there a resourse page on the NET that lists current values of EFX and MR items?

Thanks!
Paul
http://www.thedragonsden.ca

It all depends on the piece. if it has the original box - the original paperwork - sometimes the number on the plaque... yada yada yada... I found ebay to be a pretty good gauge and there is a way to look for the item under the completed auctions... I remember doing it once upon a time.

put up a list :)

Jedi Dade

It all depends on the piece. if it has the original box - the original paperwork - sometimes the number on the plaque... yada yada yada... I found ebay to be a pretty good gauge and there is a way to look for the item under the completed auctions... I remember doing it once upon a time.

put up a list :)

Jedi Dade

I do use EBay for a lot of things. I guess my biggest issue is I will not ship to the US from Canada so I am limiting my market considerably. The last statue I sold to the US was the Sideshow Predalien Maquette. It sold for $2000 Can. I did not have a box so I had UPS package it up and paid for $2000 worth of insurance. It arrived with the head completely ripped off and when I tried to claim the insurance UPS said it was not worth that much so they were not paying it. I had to fight them for 3 months to finally get paid. never going through that again.

As for my collection, I have all the original boxes and all documentation except for the master replicas Falcon. Just missing the box since it was just too large to store. I did keep one of the foam bottoms so I could at least move the thing around in.

Never have UPS package your stuff, its best you do it, some people have no common sense how to package stuff, its not how much bubble wrap or foam peanuts you use, item should be stable in the middle of box without touching any side of the box.

GFollano

Never have UPS package your stuff, its best you do it, some people have no common sense how to package stuff, its not how much bubble wrap or foam peanuts you use, item should be stable in the middle of box without touching any side of the box.

GFollano

That was my point. UPS packaged my statue and they shipped it and it arrived damaged therefore they are responsible for it breaking. If I packed it myself and it got damaged they could argue that I packed it wrong.

Best never to send anything you care about via UPS, period. ( at least anything fragile)

The culture with in the company at the loading docs is to handle the packages fast & rough.
I know , my room-mate in college worked there for about a year... it was a bit of a joke among the guys who unloaded the trucks, when they saw fragile listed on the package.
Fed Ex is much better in handling packages, and as the other post suggests.. always pack your own stuff, ..if it is something you care about ..then over-engineer your packaging to play it safe.

Best never to send anything you care about via UPS, period. ( at least anything fragile)

It's not so much that I care about it but that I sold it. I have to get it to the buyer somehow and so long as it is insured, it's out of my hands. But in the end THIS is why I no longer ship to the US and as a result I can't sell much of my items or even ask US prices. It's really frustrating.

Well with a good enough deal - I might just drive to Ontario from the US :D

as far as your insurance claim goes... get a lawyer. your sold it for X if you used ebay you have proof of that... or a cashed check/money order... you insured it for X... asked them to professionally pack it... they should pay X... when it arrives broken. Be a pest... if for no other reason then it makes them respond. It costs very little to open a legitimate law suit in small claims court...

Jedi Dade

Well with a good enough deal - I might just drive to Ontario from the US :D

as far as your insurance claim goes... get a lawyer. your sold it for X if you used ebay you have proof of that... or a cashed check/money order... you insured it for X... asked them to professionally pack it... they should pay X... when it arrives broken. Be a pest... if for no other reason then it makes them respond. It costs very little to open a legitimate law suit in small claims court...

Jedi Dade

it was not an Ebay sale and PayPal was not involved so trying to prove the value was difficult. In the end and after 3 months of fighting with UPS we finally won and I got the insurance. One other issue is that when I advertise on EBay is since my items are pickup only, the listings do not show up in the US so I am further restricting my audience. Several of my SideShow items are listed for far less than I see them selling for in the US.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back