TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

mugatu ... you have a screen-accurate ESB Folmer lightsaber without the patent number and New York ... you can't get any closer to the real prop used on set ... no matter the cost involved ... not even I have that one . . . so no buyer's remorse permitted here ... savey? Get another red button and an ESB set from Roy and ... enjoy :)

Chaim

Awww no. I already have a Folmer New York that is ESB'd up and an ESB Stunt blade in progress...I really was bringing this on board for any member looking for a pristine Folmer because the auction wasn't listed as such. I only found out that it was a Folmer New York after contacting the seller.

No, I don't require any more Folmer New Yorks. This one will go to the Junkyard and if nobody wants it, back to the Bay.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm working under the thought that the image is in fact reference to the "you have that power too" portion of the VO, and that he is speaking to Rey. But speculation at this point is fun and I'm still wonder why the line specifically says "My father has it."

I read the VO was a mashup of the quote from RotJ with that new part about "you have it too" recorded by Mark this year. That's why the tense is present on the father line.

I'm working under the thought that the image is in fact reference to the "you have that power too" portion of the VO, and that he is speaking to Rey. But speculation at this point is fun and I'm still wonder why the line specifically says "My father has it."

Yeah Mark Hamill pointed that out too. The issue is, it was lifted directly from ROTJ and thus why the present tense is used. Luke also says "You have that power too" in ROTJ but it was used before he goes into his spiel about Vader,etc. having that power. They chopped it up in the trailer. Originally "you" referred to Leia, and now "you" refers to someone else.

Hamill recorded all those lines again but it was used for that deeper reverb you hear. The main lines heard are taken straight from ROTJ.

Hey mugatu ... wanna swap bottoms? Oops that 'came out' a little close to home ... sorry ... never mind ... I can't afford it right now with a Randy Cooper SD on the way :wacko which if I can't find someone in the hood to put together with lights and all will straight go to that scene from TFA . . . which would be a total waste of my resources and gold-pressed latinum :cry

Chaim

Luke also says "You have that power too" in ROTJ but it was used before he goes into his spiel about Vader,etc. having that power. They chopped it up in the trailer. Originally "you" referred to Leia, and now "you" refers to someone else.

i fell asleep to ROTJ last night, and i picked up on the same exact thing! a line or two before he starts with "the force runs strong in my family" he says the "you have the power too" thought it was cool that they chopped it up and through it in the way they did in the trailer

It's not hard to see it's Leia. If someone found a lightsaber they know was Luke's lightsaber, who else would you bring it to if you couldn't find Luke?

Btw, depending on the rivets/screws on the esb/tfa saber.. why not shorten them in length and drill 'em only through the bottom of the t-tracks? This would avoid the drilling of the graflex tube and is good enough as a display piece. Just a note for the purists among collectors.

Btw, depending on the rivets/screws on the esb/tfa saber.. why not shorten them in length and drill 'em only through the bottom of the t-tracks? This would avoid the drilling of the graflex tube and is good enough as a display piece. Just a note for the purists among collectors.
Good idea! That way we won't "destroy" any more flashes! :rolleyes

This is what I do.

I'm going to wait and not convert any of my Graflexs until we get super clear photos of the props, like a visual dictionary or behind the scenes book.No need for me to jump the gun and make a less than accurate replica now.

WOW !

Thanks sp much for the idea of cutting down the screws in the grips.I JUST got mine in today, & have been dreading the attaching & drilling. This truly gives my a ton of relief.:wacko

As some of you know, I've been scrambling to get a TFA saber built to take to SW Weekends next week. I just got word that Ian McDairmid will not be doing any photo ops, or any signings. I know he didn't have anything to do with any incarnation of Luke's saber, but I really wanted to get a pic with him holding the saber for my boy, who's deployed. The only good thing is, there's one more line & don't have to worry about.:thumbsup

Yes, that's the one. I noticed the pics were the same too, so I wrote to him and asked if they were from the previous auction. He said they were and he sent me the real photos for the auction. A mint Folmer without patent number with an LK red button.
So if you watched that auction, you know how much it cost me.

I've seen him sell several before mine with the car as a backdrop and the photos are usually a little bit different each time, but no different in the listing for the auction I won. And he does have another one listed now but it's a bit rougher than mine or the one before mine.

I bought my first flash from that guy and it's a nice piece. Don't know where he finds them!
Didnt know it was you who snapped this one up. Nice prize with the bottom.
So tempted to take it off your hands!

Got shipping notice for mine.

Should be here tomorrow. Aw yeah.

I like the idea of cutting the screws down so they just fit into the grips.

So, what do you guys think they used for grips on this? Probably to early to tell. But, I would be curious if they had custom stuff made in house or if they bought from one of the replica suppliers out there. Maybe I'm crazy. But the rounded corners on the grips make me think of the material Jeff Parks sells.

Dan

I figured in post#34 that those could have come from Gino? :unsure Roy also claimed they did not come from him for sure.

Chaim

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back