Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Does anyone here have an extra Lambo wheel to part with for a couple days? I have access to a 3D scanner and could put the files up on Makerbot Thingiverse for people to print off their own parts. Or if there's enough interest in people we could have them sent out to be printed at a higher quality... I don't see an issue with creating a "replacement" part for the Fujimi 1/16 Lamborghini Countach LP500S front tire rim...

Well @KhalDrogo doesn't have the wheel anymore, so my request is still open...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well @KhalDrogo doesn't have the wheel anymore, so my request is still open...

Yup it is doable, I can send, but I won't have it for a while yet.
Its going to my buddy in Seattle with some other parts, so I have to pick it up there first. Won't see him until July.

Khal COULD still send it right to you, if he hasn't packed it up yet.

Yup it is doable, I can send, but I won't have it for a while yet.
Its going to my buddy in Seattle with some other parts, so I have to pick it up there first. Won't see him until July.

Khal COULD still send it right to you, if he hasn't packed it up yet.
@KhalDrogo Is this possible for you?

Yeah thats fine by me. It belongs to NeoRutty now, so if he's ok with me sending it direct to you, I have no issue with that.

Re: Yoda VD lightsaber question

I got the 45D resin and black tint today. The black looks nice, but looks a bit more gray and rubbery in real. Hopefully it will look like that in the 45D. I also had some other things to cast up in the pressure pot so I decided to give the Lambo wheel another try.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/Yoda/DSC05431 2_zpsnxjme67r.jpg

This mold is driving me crazy. I cannot get a good casting out of it, even under pressure. This one looked good initially. I thought I finally had a 100% good cast until I was editing the pictures and I zoomed in. :cry

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/Yoda/wheel_zpswjdvuvru.jpg

I think it would be okay. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect..

Scott's grips (old ones were too short) and correct wheel :)

yodasaber20.jpg

Some guy posted the Lambo kit "partially started" on ebay for a bit of change. I sent him an extremely low-ball offer...and he accepted! In the crappy photos I saw the wheels, so we'll see what I get in the mail! I have a set of the oil pan and grips that were cast not too long ago. All I need is a freaking Praco...

I checked shapeways and there is one full kit with grips, activator, and emitter but it looks like the cgi one. At any rate it was face down in the pic.

I still have a wheel I purchased from a member a while back. Work and life has interrupted my plans to try to mold/reproduce a small batch of them. It's still on my list of things to do, but at this time I have no date as to when it will actually happen. But by all means, I will inform you guys when it does happen!

I still have a wheel I purchased from a member a while back. Work and life has interrupted my plans to try to mold/reproduce a small batch of them. It's still on my list of things to do, but at this time I have no date as to when it will actually happen. But by all means, I will inform you guys when it does happen!

put me down for one ;)

im in for two of them, one for the bolsey, one for the Praco. Someone just scooped a double Praco off ebay. I was sniped at the last second

I can try to 3D print if someone has the file.

Last edited:
im in for one two of tem, one for the bolsey, one for the Praco. Someone just scoopred a double Praco off ebay. I was sniped at the last second

I can try to 3D print if someone has the file.

Over these pasts months, I did manage to model this wheel in Catia. I based my model on dimensions taken from the wheel itself with a little artistic freedom when necessary. I have access to 3D scanning and a 3D printer (Makerbot Z18). The part is too small to accurately scan, and this is with a professional scan arm/system. So I modeled this part in Catia and sent to the Makerbot to try to 3D print. And the part is so small and has many small features that the best print that came out of it was not good enough. I started thinking about sending it to shapeways to see if they can produce a better print.... If I can get a decent print from shapeways I'd be willing to order a small run and sell them at a reasonable price if the quality is good. Mostly just to cover my time spent perfecting the 3D model...
tomm1999 DM me and we can talk about the STL file...

I have a bolsey that I haven't even started due to not having the wheel. If someone can make this happen, that be great! I'd be in for 1 or 2

Over these pasts months, I did manage to model this wheel in Catia. I based my model on dimensions taken from the wheel itself with a little artistic freedom when necessary. I have access to 3D scanning and a 3D printer (Makerbot Z18). The part is too small to accurately scan, and this is with a professional scan arm/system. So I modeled this part in Catia and sent to the Makerbot to try to 3D print. And the part is so small and has many small features that the best print that came out of it was not good enough. I started thinking about sending it to shapeways to see if they can produce a better print.... If I can get a decent print from shapeways I'd be willing to order a small run and sell them at a reasonable price if the quality is good. Mostly just to cover my time spent perfecting the 3D model...
@tomm1999 DM me and we can talk about the STL file...

did be interested in one. i do have a wheel but its not the tall one its a shorter one. i have yet to tell the difference in photos but i can't say i really studied it. i am in need for a taller wheel, if you do end up doing this count me in. ill take all the wheels i can get lol

I'll be in for two wheels for whomever gets the first run going. I saw that double praco but $260 was out of my price range. How many usable wheels come with the model kit? Is it only the spare? I saw on the fx-saber forum (while trying to find a run of emitters) that they did a group buy on a lambo model. I wouldnt even need the tall one(s) if I could just toss in $25 or so. I found a guy selling the model but it was overpriced imo. I asked him if he can find a different courier due to the high s&h and he said the price was high due to the handling part :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back