Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

On the extras photo...why is there such a big gap between the camera and the blast shield. The camera on film pics is almost touching tthe blastshield. Wonder if the blastshield has slipped on the new photo?

Maybe a mag lite solitaire lens? Or similar size

The camera bracket looks like a bent bit of wire rather than a flat bracket.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe its the same insignia. First pic shows top part of insignia. Second pic showd bottom part of insignia.
I meant AROUND the insignia. That's my fault for not clarifying. The placement of the rubber bands. In the movie still, he has what looks like a wire holding the bands (together?), And in the VD pic they are higher up showing only the bottom half of the symbol. Meaning the bands weren't secured to the blast shield if it's the same helmet.

I have been thinking of trying to drill out the side cylinder and install a light. I want to simply try to slide in a working mini light with a rear switch. Something like this:

s-l1600.jpg

It is Dimensions: 3.86 x 0.71" which would make it a close fit. It also means I have to drill straight and clean without a drill press. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant AROUND the insignia. That's my fault for not clarifying. The placement of the rubber bands. In the movie still, he has what looks like a wire holding the bands (together?), And in the VD pic they are higher up showing only the bottom half of the symbol. Meaning the bands weren't secured to the blast shield if it's the same helmet.

Maybe VD picture was taken before filming. Once helmet used during filming perhaps the bands didnt stay still so metal clip added to secure it.

One photo looks to be a studio still while the other appears to be shot on location. There is always a chance they switched out the helmet with another or they had to make changes to the helmet in order to fix issues. For instance, Luke's image of him in his A New Hope flight suit has about 5 difference than what he had in the movie.

Last edited:
On photo looks to be a studio still while the other appears to be shot on location. There is always a chance they switched out the helmet with another or they had to make changes to the helmet in order to fix issues. For instance, Luke's image of him in his A New Hope flight suit has about 5 difference than what he had in the movie.
Or any other pre-production suits

$32!? Absolutely insane.

$7.75 on Blick Art Materials. It's where I get all my Montana paints. My last order was two cans of paint and it was just a bit over $5 in shipping. I'm in Florida as well for reference.
http://www.dickblick.com/products/montana-gold-acrylic-professional-spray-paints/

I think the Petrol (g6280) looks really good. I'm worried about availability. Would really like to be able to either pick it up local or get it for a decent price. I see it goes for $32+ on amazon.

It's a really great paint. It's dries quickly and hard. Pretty impressed with it. I went with the "military green" color.

Last edited:
As I mentioned before, I am trying to use a 12 mm jump ring for the lens. At first I thought it was too big because it did not fit in the hole but then I noticed in image the ring is set behind the shield.

So here is what a 12mm jump ring looks like set behind the shield (with duct tape). Not a perfect look but It might help others with sizes.

IMG_0386.jpg

You could also take a piece of soda bottle plastic and spray paint the back side black so the painted side touches the fabric and the unpainted side has the ring on it. That way the plastic isn't super thick but it gets the job done.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I have been thinking of trying to drill out the side cylinder and install a light. I want to simply try to slide in a working mini light with a rear switch. Something like this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ovIAAOSwWxNYv3sn/s-l1600.jpg

It is Dimensions: 3.86 x 0.71" which would make it a close fit. It also means I have to drill straight and clean without a drill press. :(

I started building my own flash light but to keep it simple I'm using a 5mm led and led holder. Wired to 3 small button (watch) batteries.
May give you a little more room to work with.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back