Kong: Skull Island (Post-release)

Re: Kong: Skull Island

The biggest TWIG AND BERRIES you've ever seen!

I'm still scarred by Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen...

I'm with you.
It was all over the place and in my opinion showed way too much Kong.

Yeah... not really leaving much to be surprised by.

The trailer is a little over the top... but it fits the current trend of the instrumental "thum... thump... thuuuuuuuuump" synced with some physical action. I guess that's the new "brrrrrrrrrrr" that Inception started.

They wanted a full on monster film without that classic "leave it to the imagination, its much scarier" and wanted the monster to be seen as much as possible, contrasting Godzilla. Which is a cool way to make them against eachother and making a huge difference even with the films themselves and not just the monsters

Why must king kong fight Godzilla. We have seen that already. What about an impromptu team up against an even greater monster threat. Try something new already Hollywood with a vintage twist to it. Instead of a here we go again remake and spinning it as new somehow. Seriously. There are many good ideas just give them a try.

I can't be in the minority but I don't want to see Kong vs. Godzilla for the simple fact that I'm a much bigger Godzilla fan and I know that Kong will necessarily win since he's the underdog and is just a poor misunderstood ape. I saw the original as a kid and wanted to throw my ramen at the TV when Kong started turning the fight around. The film was just an insult to the Godzilla mythos. There's no way I'm going to watch Godzilla NOT being a badass.

I like the new Shin Godzilla version more than the 2014 Godzilla. 2016 Godzilla would shred that ape without breaking a sweat.

The only kaiju I like more than Godzilla is King Ghidorah.

It was much better than Jurassic world. It had a mean streak for sure, more violent than I expected, but some of the jokes throughout were great. One moving scene in particular just cemented that mean streak when someone tried to make the ultimate sacrifice and failed badly! Lol...

Kong himself was excellent and definitely gave me more of a benevolent creature vibe

NO SPOILERS!

... Anyone gonna dress as Brie Larson in the near future?

Because I can help you with a certain costume item :D ...

-MJ

Attachments

• Aie?ro1.jpg
    Aie?ro1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 93
  • KONG_007C.jpg
    KONG_007C.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 84

Not a Godzilla fan. Never was. I'm a Kong fan. Always have been. Kong's size has, since his introduction in 1933, been within the size limits of actual animals which have existed on earth. It makes him possible. It makes him believable. A 100' Kong is not within the realm of possibility...let alone a 650' Kong.

I am so glad you posted this. I feel the exact opposite. I'm just not a monkey guy. Never really got into planet of the apes, either. I love Godzilla despite how the last few movies have poisoned my childhood memories. I never really understood how Kong fans feel. I will of course see the movie. It's still a giant monster swatting helicopters out of the sky...

Remember, it you watch Godzilla backwards, it is about a benevolent monster that helps to rebuild a city and then moonwalks back into the ocean:)

The new trailer that's up has a very Toho vibe to it,also giant spiders and what looks to be a giant octopus!

Me? I'm happy :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Kong lives .
I was on a road trip stopped to watch it .
Left my jacket at my seat.
Went back for it . she gone !
Best damn jacket I ever had !
Stupid monkey ❄❄❄❄❄⛄

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back