Doctor Who opinions

A new broom to sweep the Tardis clean. They could do with giving the series a well deserved break and allow time to get the cast, writing and format refreshed. Sorry to see him go but the show needs to seriously regenerate.

I blame Moffat. I mean, I think Capaldi is excellent, but his talents were wasted in some very uneven seasons. And Moffat is just ****ing terrible.

Whatever. I guess we'll see what comes next, but my excitement about this show is basically nil anymore.

I sometimes like to dream of a parallel universe where Davies stayed on longer, Tennant did at least one more year, Smith never came on, and Capaldi had come after Tennant. At times I think Capaldi channels Tom Baker a bit too much, since he himself is a fanboy, but I have liked his performance and bringing back an aloof Doctor (again channeling Tom Baker). I was wanting an older actor the whole time the show had come back. I'm hoping they go with another middle aged actor at least for the next choice.

I sometimes like to dream of a parallel universe where Davies stayed on longer, Tennant did at least one more year, Smith never came on, and Capaldi had come after Tennant. At times I think Capaldi channels Tom Baker a bit too much, since he himself is a fanboy, but I have liked his performance and bringing back an aloof Doctor (again channeling Tom Baker). I was wanting an older actor the whole time the show had come back. I'm hoping they go with another middle aged actor at least for the next choice.

Oh hell no. Davies was horrible too. He's the one who put hanky panky in the TARDIS, which is antithetical to what Doctor Who is. I think both Davies and Moffat fail because instead of just making Doctor Who, they wanted to leave their mark and have a legacy. Terry Nation wasn't out to create a personal legacy when he worked on Doctor Who. He was just trying to make a good show. When egos get involved, the series suffers.

Oh hell no. Davies was horrible too. He's the one who put hanky panky in the TARDIS, which is antithetical to what Doctor Who is..

Don't worry, I definitely wasn't a fan of it. I was much more a fan of the are they or aren't they insinuations one could get between the Doctor and Romana.

And the books are off....

Current favorite is the current Bond Q.....in the hunt, rupert grint (just no) and two dark horse women (gotta keep that going, right?)....

Yeah, he's a pretty lousy roller. But how did you like him in the role?

Didn't like him in the role either! :p He just seems like an unlikable jerk with no redeeming qualities.

Don't get me started on the idiocy of the 'Me' character.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back