The Expanse: Props & Found Parts

Re: The Expanse: Prop Weapons

Couple of shots of the top of the SH pistols: Octavia's gun seems to have a couple of red stripes on top of the taclight - police issue?
6yh8vn.jpg

This shot from the dock battle shows the detail on the top more clearly (flashlight switch?) and the groove in the reat sight:
slp3k7.jpg

Then comes the graphics, which are downright pesky. Being white on black, you can't actually print them onto waterslide decals, since you can't print white with an inkjet.

Sorry to hear about the misfortunes, however, you can have opaque white decals made for you. JBOT prints custom decals, including for the highly demanding folks in the studio scale models forum, and seems to get good reviews:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=249849&p=3898660&viewfull=1#post3898660

-MJ

I'm tempted to have a shot at the Rhino, it's such a cool weapon. I have a Poseidon GITS Mateba (much closer than the Marushin). I might make a cast of the cylinder, then build up the frame and barrel from acrylic sheet.

Looking good Harada, getting there :)

I've now done most of the graphics, there is one on the right side that is impossible to make out from the caps I have, will probably just leave it off.
2ztg3z8.jpg

Birdie, I think it's the same 'square & text' graphic as on the other side. Perhaps with more text / less damage?

I finished screen-capping episode 9 last night, and I'll tackle episode 10 tonight.

Attachments

• shot0046.png
    shot0046.png
    507.5 KB · Views: 231

Also, guys who have a WE Advance, if you can get me this measurement, preferably in decimal millimeters, I can scale the photo & get us a good approximation of the length of the 'tac light', barrel extensions, etc. The vertical measurements would not be as precise, due to the angle of the shot, but the horizontal measurements should be relatively good.

-MJ

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 6.33.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 6.33.16 PM.png
    913.8 KB · Views: 235

Also, guys who have a WE Advance, if you can get me this measurement, preferably in decimal millimeters, I can scale the photo & get us a good approximation of the length of the 'tac light', barrel extensions, etc. The vertical measurements would not be as precise, due to the angle of the shot, but the horizontal measurements should be relatively good.

-MJ

Mike:

I will take a few photos with a ruler and a graph scale if i can find one. My phone is dead and recharging - I will post the photos as soon as I have power and find the darn ruler !

ASAP.

Gordon

Okay, I was struggling to finish this off before going away for a week without internet contact :cry Still got little pieces left to do like the missing decals and some paintwork, but more or less done...The knockoff gun is really horrible and plasticky, I would really like to do a build on a real WE Advance.

Lots of filling screwholes and puttying seams, but it turned out okay. I used aluminium tube for the barrel and rod, and added the hex screw detail beneath that is not on the knockoff.
550ys2.jpg

72bvjs.jpg

21m85sh.jpg

2e3c2ep.jpg

Additionally, Miller has a speedloader in his hand when he's emptying and reloading the revolver after they break into the medical supplies vending machines in ep. 10, but I can't get a good look at it.

Attachments

• Speedloader.jpg
    Speedloader.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

CPM pistols, ep. 10.

Attachments

• shot0103.png
    shot0103.png
    575.7 KB · Views: 209
  • shot0109.png
    shot0109.png
    468.2 KB · Views: 216
  • shot0102.png
    shot0102.png
    597.8 KB · Views: 192
  • shot0095.png
    shot0095.png
    524.5 KB · Views: 206
  • shot0113.png
    shot0113.png
    502.7 KB · Views: 196

Looks like in one of those pics the slide is gray, and the barrel extension is missing.

That Rhino looks stock to me too. The speedloader looks like an HKS. I have a bunch of those for 6 shot 357 magnums.

I'm wondering if the rounds are supposed to be "charged" and they fire multiple energy type blasts for each round. So you can fire each cylinder like 4 times around. Just thinking out loud really.

They're clearly not conventional modern day bullets.

Last edited:

the shells themselves could also be small stacked rounds like this..

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay, I was struggling to finish this off before going away for a week without internet contact :cry Still got little pieces left to do like the missing decals and some paintwork, but more or less done...The knockoff gun is really horrible and plasticky, I would really like to do a build on a real WE Advance.

Lots of filling screwholes and puttying seams, but it turned out okay. I used aluminium tube for the barrel and rod, and added the hex screw detail beneath that is not on the knockoff.
http://i64.tinypic.com/550ys2.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/72bvjs.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/21m85sh.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/2e3c2ep.jpg

Awesome Build !!! You Killed IT !!!! Gordon

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back