Has anyone ever identified the THEY LIVE sunglasses?

Hey, for 5 dollar walmart sunglasses I'm not complaing.

Now I want to pick up some real Ray Ban Drifters to do this to.

I picked up the same pair recently from Ebay not too long ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLAT-TOP-BL...SES-Sunnies-/200919144090?hash=item2ec7b6d69a

$_12.JPG
I'd say they are about 80 percent accurate. Amazing deal for the cash!

Bump any other props\pics\Info From THEY LIVE

sad about Roddy Piper R.I.P

The paper props would obviously be very easy to make.

There are They Live alien masks out there.

Never could figure out the watch they used for the communicator/teleport control.

I really really wish I could find the bubblegum-scene/alley-fight flannel. I can't even find a modern flannel that's close enough.

i think i heard john say one time that the watches he used for communication devices were standard fake gold rolex's worn in the 80's because they were cheap to get a hold of, hope this helps. great movie man

Unless someone pops up with a production pair of glasses, id say they were knock offs of the Ray Bans used in the film. Back in the 80's, and considering where They Live was filmed, knock off's were all over LA's Chinatown as well as every swap meet you could find, gas station, super market, liqueur store... Considering they had at least two boxes of them on camera knock off's would be cost effective as well as not needing any product placement clearance. In other words why spend $30 on something you can get for $3 en mass.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back