C3PO Error Card Score

cyberpyrot

Sr Member
Just got my C3PO Error card not sure if I need to send it to PSA to get graded or Ron Jeremy

sPfHUXdBqMeli4A8uBOs0wkFlaYC35lmsH81n0paDX4F=w747-h996-no

Nice!

I saw they are making large versions of the old cards for SDCC... THAT one shoulda been on the list

I have one of these. I have the full sets of the ANH, ESB and ROTJ CARDS AND STICKERS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have both versions. If legends to be believed. IIRC the corrected version is less plentiful, therefore...rarer????

That is possible, but quantity comes second to desirability. Just because there are fewer corrected versions doesn't mean as many people want that version. Collecting is a volatile hobby sometimes.

funny I've never heard of this until now, can't believe they didn't catch that the first time lol

I had always read that it was an early hatchet job attempt at "photoshopping" with cutout photos, to give Goldenrod his golden rod. I found that hard to believe at the time.

I have both versions. If legends to be believed. IIRC the corrected version is less plentiful, therefore...rarer????

That's what I've read as well.

There is no "error". An error card would have a misprint of some kind. This was looked into a while back (I think in a Sansweet article in the official magazine) and someone at LFL confirmed the aberration is on THE ORIGINAL NEGATIVE of the set photo. It was not retouched. The "corrected" card is the retouched one.

Remember the costume's "shorts" are of a flexible material. It had probably split along the side and part of it, freed from tension, sprung forward.

It's simply a piece of the costume coming away. Here's a different pic showing the same thing...View attachment 500087

correct. the old story of a ticked off employee retouching the negative was debunked. the photo you show here is a set of many from different angles showing the damage and it was just an optical (if not imaginative) illusion of it being something it was not. I have two of those cards and like stated below, because of the controversy the card was reissued retouched so as not to alarm anyone. the "fixed" one is the rare card as the so called X rated card went out by the thousands long before anyone made note of it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back