DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

That's absolutely right. The whole 'Luke' and 'Han' blaster labels that MR even used is simply incorrect.

Saw that on FB too. I'm pretty sure it must have been the only prop they had on location.

The shots of the trio in the hot base with the live fires was at the studio... not location, as they couldn't import real firearms on location...hence the MGC

So what would be the other blaster then?

tumblr_lms5kpoCfe1qe8qlfo1_500.jpg

I can't figure out, to this day, why Carrie Fisher was at Finse. I don't know of any deleted scenes off hand to explain why she would be shooting exterior Hoth scenes.

That Star Wars page is a wonderful source for old shots - They keep unexpectedly posting stuff we drool over!

I can't figure out, to this day, why Carrie Fisher was at Finse. I don't know of any deleted scenes off hand to explain why she would be shooting exterior Hoth scenes.
The official story is that she caught the flu on April 10 and could not work. There are no exterior scenes with her in the official script. It would have been interesting to know if and if so what Kersch had any in mind for her.

Last edited:
Insert sniffles/cocaine joke.

can someone clarify, since they couldn't import real firearms, was the droid/chewie scene a live fire prop?

I remember reading somewhere that she was so into the film, that she wanted to be there for the first shots...

So...maybe it started out with regular grips like the ANH and then because of the cold/ moisture build up after filming for the day and putting everything away, they wouldn't stay on with just glue or whatever so they decided to cut out the single notch and that worked for a while then with regular "use" around the set the top area of the grip kept rattling/coming loose and swinging freely on the single screw on some and so for these ones they added the second screw?

I want to bring this up again to make sure we get this right:

REal MGC and Denix. For all Bespin blaster measurements we need to be thinking about real Mausers.

L20140129-155505.JPG

L20140129-160014.JPG

L20140129-160027.JPG

L20140129-160038.JPG

L20140129-160100.JPG

L20140129-160116.JPG

L20140129-160132.JPG

L20140129-160137.JPG

L20140129-160240.JPG

L20140129-160319.JPG

Looking at all three of my real Muasers, my Denixes, and my MGCs Boba's measurements are pretty much spot on.

I am using the real Mausers as a base for all my comparisons since the hero blasters were real. The Hoth, I'm letting everyone else worry about. I like the Luke so that's my focus.

Anyway, the Denix is larger than the MGC and real Mauser.

From base of mag well plate to lowest edge on upper receiver we get this:

Mauser: 2.222"

MGC: 2.285"

Denix: 2.337"

So to me boba's measurements work on a real Mauser. The 1.25" width of the base section MIGHT be a tad small... needing to be a little wider, especially for the Han Bespin, as they look slightly different, otherwise it's good. Say 1.35"?...

the rest checks out on real Mauser.

This, plus when you compare photos of both side by side you can see the differences.
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/bothheros.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv142/kurtyboy2/props2/bothheros2.jpg

I don't remember if we settled this measurement or not on the Bespins (Luke and Han)???

The only problem with making the bottom wider is that it affects all of the other aspects of the bracket.

If you make the bottom wider it changes the angle of the rear upper section. If you make the top longer the get that angle right the scope does not fit on it correctly.

I really think that the difference people are seeing are just perceptual. No one had any issues with the bracket from my last run and I'm sure it will not be an issue this time.

The only way I will redesign it is if we get concrete proof via a direct side shot to get better measurements.

Here is a old comparison shot of my mount test fit on a Denix compared to the Bespin Blaster, it look spot on to me

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back