Han in Carbonite.... Finally there..

Re: Han in Carbonite.... Almost there..

A bit more finish and some wheatering.. Next, the electronics.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

What colors did you use? Looks great.
Thanks!! I used some graphite steel color for the box and various silver/chrome colors for the upper side.
After some washes and dry brushing, I lightly dusted some copper over the body!
You should really use polyester plastic to make the "carbonite" on the upper side.

Is there anyone that have a drawing or something that points out the correct panel placements? I know where the Hero 1&2 goes, but the rest?
Thanks!

The carbonite surface that I did got ruined... I think there was wet glue under the layers..
image.jpg

However, this was in the end a good thing because the new result turned out much better.. I think..
image.jpg

The carbonite surface that I did got ruined... I think there was wet glue under the layers..
View attachment 444432

However, this was in the end a good thing because the new result turned out much better.. I think..
View attachment 444433

This happened to me also. Mine had many pockets of glue that wouldn't dry. Some areas I had to completely remove and fill with Bondo and other areas where I only had to cut a tiny slice in it so air could get to it. Then it dried within minutes. Yours looks better now.

This happened to me also. Mine had many pockets of glue that wouldn't dry. Some areas I had to completely remove and fill with Bondo and other areas where I only had to cut a tiny slice in it so air could get to it. Then it dried within minutes. Yours looks better now.
Thanks man!

Damn, that had to be a pain to redo, but the texture after your repair looks great. I hope I can rival either your HIC or Jedifyfe's when I get to that point. I'll definitely have to be aware of this issue happening when I get to my poured carbonite section.

Damn, that had to be a pain to redo, but the texture after your repair looks great. I hope I can rival either your HIC or Jedifyfe's when I get to that point. I'll definitely have to be aware of this issue happening when I get to my poured carbonite section.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

It's coming along fine, thanks! All the electronics are done and I'm currently attaching the side panels.
I'll show some pics soon!

I finally have the HIC in upright position, man he's huge. I will connect everything today and share some pics.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back