HR Giger
Efrem Zimbalist Jr.
Bon Hoskins
Mickey Rooney
Maya Angelou
David Brenner
Maxamilian Schell
Sir Run Run Shaw

I remember getting the 2-Disc DVD of Casablanca and watching the featurette "Bacall on Bogart". The relationship the two had was truly something. They loved being together and they loved acting together.

Dammit! I met her once at a book signing, years ago. Very nice, classy lady. Love her work. R.I.P. Mrs Bacall.

RIP MS. Becall. Bogies waiting. She's actually related to me. A distant cousin many times removed. Been meaning to find out exactly where she fits in my family tree.

Such a cool couple on the screen.
I loved their onscreen chemistry ... especially in To Have or Have Not.

bogiebacall.jpg

I remember getting the 2-Disc DVD of Casablanca and watching the featurette "Bacall on Bogart". The relationship the two had was truly something. They loved being together and they loved acting together.

I remember TCM actually showing that featurette, which they tend to do off and on with older movies, and I agree it was an amazing chemistry they had even as Bogey was getting sicker.

As an old movie buff, I was so sad to hear she'd passed. I spent an entire semester doing "independent study" into the old Hollywood System, and came out of it with a huge appreciation for Bogie, Bacall, Tracy, Hepburn, Stanwyck -- the list goes on. The Bogie-Bacall story is definitely one for the books and so remarkable. They seemed to have a really beautiful relationship; I can't imagine how hard it was for her to say goodbye to him. At least now she won't have to.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back