Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

She definitely made the right choice in switching from singing to acting, she may be no Meryl Streep but she's a far better actor than she is a singer. That "Uh oh" song is absolutely horrible (in both English and Chinese) and the video is even worse with that god-awful dance choreography.
Well, until she became a Marvel character, she was just another in a line of pretty faces groomed for the pop idol market. Her video is no better nor worse than any other Chinese pop idol video. She's lucky to have this acting opportunity.

She's still developing her acting chops to be sure. I probably cut her more slack than I should because I think she's so pretty.

Last edited:
I just watched the mid Season finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it was epic!
I won't post any spoilers but it ties nicely into the MCU.

March is going to take a long time to roll around, there are two positives Agent Carter will fill the space at least temporarily, left by AoS and following the return for the second half of the season we will have Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I think I will have to add the Diviner to my list of props from the MCU to build, any reference in the form of high-res screencaps or measurements would be gratefully received.

I just watched the mid Season finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it was epic!
I won't post any spoilers but it ties nicely into the MCU.

Are you kidding? Everyone's posted spoilers.

We know that the Diviner contains Terrigen Crystals.

We know that Skye is Daisy Johnson (aka Quake) and an Inhuman (does this make Raina an Inhuman or a Deviant?).

We know that the entire temple is experiencing a seismic event, likely caused by Skye's new powers.

We know that Trip died, turned to stone, and broke apart, #TripLives

We know that Whitehall got shot in the back by Coulson, which REALLY pissed off Papa Atreides and allowed Coulson to show off some of his own fighting moves.

We (probably) know that there are 13 Koenigs.

Hell, I even posted a video of Skye's transformation.

Spoilers are perfectly okay, man.

Theres a good chance its permanent. With the terrigen mists theres always a risk you'll get major physical changes with your powers. Triton turned into a fish monster, unable to breathe out of the water, which prompted Karnak to not undergo terrigenesis

"The black guy dies first."

Really Marvel? That's the trope you want to go with after the events of the past few months? Two weeks ago, with Mac falling into the pit, I gave them the benefit of the doubt (correctly, I see, after this past week) since we did not actually see him die. But then we turn right around and watch Trip die! (And I don't think he's coming back from crumbling into dust.)

I realize they probably filmed this before the $&@# hit the fan, or at least had too many things in motion to rewrite/reshoot it. Even so, I still find it annoying that they went with Trip dying, especially because I enjoyed his character. I'll miss him.

I really wish people would stop making this about race. It's the character, not the person playing it. Par for the course for Whedon and his team. Just when you really start liking someone, they're in jeopardy of being killed off.

Really Marvel? That's the trope you want to go with after the events of the past few months? Two weeks ago, with Mac falling into the pit, I gave them the benefit of the doubt (correctly, I see, after this past week) since we did not actually see him die. But then we turn right around and watch Trip die! (And I don't think he's coming back from crumbling into dust.)

I realize they probably filmed this before the $&@# hit the fan, or at least had too many things in motion to rewrite/reshoot it. Even so, I still find it annoying that they went with Trip dying, especially because I enjoyed his character. I'll miss him.

In this case I prefer to see it from the other side of the coin. The black guy was the biggest hero on the team.

Trip died taking actions he thought might save his team member. He lived up to his patriotic bloodline. He didn't go bad under the guidance of his Hydra S.O. (unlike the white guy that was trained by him).

Not to mention he's nowhere near the first to die.
Victoria Hand(white)
Koenig #1 (white)
Izzy Hartley (white)
and her team member Idaho (white)
These are just the good guys and doesn't include the many nameless agents lost during the Hydra uprising.

In this case I prefer to see it from the other side of the coin. The black guy was the biggest hero on the team.

Trip died taking actions he thought might save his team member. He lived up to his patriotic bloodline. He didn't go bad under the guidance of his Hydra S.O. (unlike the white guy that was trained by him).

Not to mention he's nowhere near the first to die.
Victoria Hand(white)
Koenig #1 (white)
Izzy Hartley (white)
and her team member Idaho (white)
These are just the good guys and doesn't include the many nameless agents lost during the Hydra uprising.

Victoria Hand - 4 episodes
Eric Koenig - 2 episodes
Hartley and her team member - 1 episode
Triplett - 18 episodes.

We had a connection to Trip, because he was a member of the team. I like the viewpoint that he died taking actions to save his team member, and it is completely valid. That said, numerous team members could have done that. I do not have any one in mind that I would have preferred to have seen die, it just stuck out to me that in 2 back-to-back episodes, we had one black guy possibly die (but didn't), and the other one actually die.

Victoria Hand - 4 episodes
Eric Koenig - 2 episodes
Hartley and her team member - 1 episode
Triplett - 18 episodes.

We had a connection to Trip, because he was a member of the team. I like the viewpoint that he died taking actions to save his team member, and it is completely valid. That said, numerous team members could have done that. I do not have any one in mind that I would have preferred to have seen die, it just stuck out to me that in 2 back-to-back episodes, we had one black guy possibly die (but didn't), and the other one actually die.

That's exactly my point, "The black guy dies first." doesn't apply because he was around so long. The others don't have many episodes because they died first, Trip was around for nearly a full season (between two seasons), if BGDF was in play he would have died in the Hydra uprising.

They had a chance to use BGDF early on but they went ahead and turned the guy into Deathlok instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

My eyes are rolling so hard from your moral outrage that I just got flipped out of my desk chair from the torque.

My eyes are rolling so hard from your moral outrage that I just got flipped out of my desk chair from the torque.

Oh jeez, I'm sorry! Are you okay?! That must've hurt!

Alright alright, the sarcasm is out of my system. :D

In all seriousness, I wasn't going for moral outrage. (Let's be fair: does referencing a tv trope and current events really count as "outrage?") Simply put: I'm upset that it was Triplett who drew the short straw in the writers' room, and I noticed that it was the two black fellas in back-to-back episodes who (almost in Mack's case) ended up dead.

Yes, now that I think about it, I am probably a little more aware of it than I would normally be, and so my brain is connecting certain dots that need no such connection. I sincerely apologize for making "a thing" out of what is, in all fairness, a coincidence that just happens to be poorly timed with current events.

Since it's been established he wasn't first, I guess the trope has to be expanded to BGDAA (Black Guy Dies At All) to justify the misplaced objections.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back