Terminator: Genisys

Old Arnie who gets to the choppa, still has skin on both hands, so I wonder how that fits in with middle aged Arnie having his whole forearm uncovered.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed, but what kind of time travel is going on here? There are many shots involving brand new cars, LCD monitors etc, so it appears the latter half of the movie is set in the present day, and not all in 1984, which may be backed up by the older Arnie with white hair.
I know that Arnie overshoots the time travel and basically raises Sarah Connor, and they kill the original Terminator before Kyle's arrival, but how does the present day figure into this? Are they pulling a TSCC on this and somehow then time traveling to now, and continuing the franchise in the present day?
It does seem like they are going to do a tscc.. We see in the trailer what appears to be a homemade timemachine for a few seconds in that Vault building.

OMG!!

If the middle aged T-800 killed the original T-800 when it first showed up in 1984 then Bill Paxton's gang didn't get killed.

The Fates demand that old T-800 kill Bill Paxton's mature punk in the current time, even if accidentally. In other words, Bill Paxton cameo please!

It does seem like they are going to do a tscc.. We see in the trailer what appears to be a homemade timemachine for a few seconds in that Vault building.

Indeed. Another screw up, yay. Apparently it doesn't take a super smart AI system decades of work to create a working time machine. Anyone in a warehouse can make one in a post apocalyptic world :faceplate :lol

I'd much rather see Summer Glau once more as a (HOT )kick-ass Terminator

Anyway I'm glad to see that Kyle Reese has been working out and is in tremendous shape... considering that in the future it's the aftermath of a nuclear war and they were eating rats in the first film. ;)

That's what happens when you miscast :(

It's insipid comments like yours that sometimes makes me want to quit the internet. The movie requires time travel and cyborgs be possible for the movie to even exist, so suspension of disbelief is necessary for those . But when you break basic Newtonian physics with something ridiculous like a bus flipping end over end without something massive being able to flip it, you take anyone with any decent knowledge of how the world actually works out of the movie. At no time have any the of T-800s or similar models have demonstrated such superhuman power. If they ever had that much strength, all they'd have to do is punch a person to liquify them, they'd never need to shoot anyone because the sheer force of their own endo arms would be more than adequate.

Yeah exactly. Compare either of T1 and T2 with either of T3 or Salvation. In the first two the terminators are pretty much equal when it comes to strength and such. But then after Cameron left the franchise all of the sudden the damn machines have gotten Superman strength, that defies not just real world physics but the Terminator universe itself. In T1 the T-800 had a hard time getting through the fairly thin metal door in the factory. Fast forward to Salvation where the T-800 has no problem what-so-ever ripping a super thick metallic door off the hinges and so on. All of this continues on with Genisys. Keyword in all this: Hacks.

If they can have old T-800, Can't they have old T-1000? I'd love to see Robert Patrick back in that role.

THIS would have been a trillion times better. I have nothing against seeing other ethnicities portraying already established characters and such. The T-1000 is a shapeshifter, he is supposed to look like a whole range of people. But when you already have a known actor like Robert Patrick, why NOT get him back? And have him as the *main* face of a liquid terminator. :( simple stuff like that makes you wonder if they WANT to create a failure of a film.

Liquid metal doesn't age. ;)

Yes, because all the characters the T-1000 mimicked in T2 were all the same age...... ;)

Using a much older Robert Patrick for the T-1000 would please a little group of Terminator diehards and hurt the movie for everyone else.

Writers can dream up excuses for all kinds of problems. But excuses don't prevent those things from doing damage to the movie. It's only damage-control.

So the machines sent a T-800 back to kill Sarah before John is born (1984), John sends Reese back to protect Sarah, as a result Reese impregnates Sarah creating John. If the war is avoided, then the machines will never send a T-800 into the past, Reese will never be sent back as a response, John will never be born, The war will never be avoided....if judgment day is averted then John's existence is wiped out.....therefore he can't send Reese back to father him or stop the war..... this is why the 1st movie should never have had a sequel.
Time travel, it'll give you a head full of angry bee's :lol

So the machines sent a T-800 back to kill Sarah before John is born (1984), John sends Reese back to protect Sarah, as a result Reese impregnates Sarah creating John. If the war is avoided, then the machines will never send a T-800 into the past, Reese will never be sent back as a response, John will never be born, The war will never be avoided....if judgment day is averted then John's existence is wiped out.....therefore he can't send Reese back to father him or stop the war..... this is why the 1st movie should never have had a sequel.
Time travel, it'll give you a head full of angry bee's :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW27kyh7PVM

Just watched it and don't see the terminator flipping the bus. Is it shown in a different preview I have not seen.
I only see him land on the roof but if you watch it in slow mo there is absolutely nothing in front of the bus to make it flip.

We dont know the whole story behind the bus flip.

If Kyle and Sarah leave both terminators behind, good and evil, while they skip the next 30 years to arrive at our time, there is no saying how much more advanced the T1000 could have got in that time, it may have found a way to make itself much more dense, or created a weapon that makes other objects lose their mass.

Some things only make sense in the context of the whole film.

Hell, the T1000 could have just been under the bus and made himself into a stunt ram to blast the bus into the air.

This says it all:
T1genisys.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

I have to admit this is probably the worst kind of trailer possible,....the type that makes you go,....'Well I'm definitely not going to see that'

J

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back