The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

I hope in coming episodes they show Rick riding the crazy train. His character has potential to rival the Governor in crazy. I was surprised that after ramming Bob that he went through the added effort of shooting him. It would be cool to see the next episode showing Rick slipping away in the middle of the night, only to find a way to let walkers in the hospital or somehow blow it up to ensure his enemies don't pop up down the road.

If anything, recent events have taught the group not to let people survive.

I hope in coming episodes they show Rick riding the crazy train. His character has potential to rival the Governor in crazy. I was surprised that after ramming Bob that he went through the added effort of shooting him. It would be cool to see the next episode showing Rick slipping away in the middle of the night, only to find a way to let walkers in the hospital or somehow blow it up to ensure his enemies don't pop up down the road.

If anything, recent events have taught the group not to let people survive.

I'll admit, Rick has gone all bad-ass, but something tells me he's far from going Governor insane yet.

Of course, that's my opinion.

I saw the act of Rick shooting Bob as a form of compassion. He could have left him there for the walkers to eat him alive, or for him to turn once he passed. Instead, he put him out of his misery. Hitting with the car, on the other hand...

That's partly what I thought. I think Officer Bob said something like "I think you broke my spine" so Rick was sparing him from getting eaten. Plus Bob did attack one of his people. I think though there may be some things to not tell Rick about because he'll just go pop someone. :lol

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57449

The companion series to AMC's "The Walking Dead" has discovered its first survivors.

Announced in September 2013, the spinoff created by Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson is set during the same zombie apocalypse as "The Walking Dead" but features new characters and new locations.

Deadline reports the series, "aka 'Cobalt,'" will center on a male divorced teacher and a female guidance counselor. Frank Dillane ("In the Heart of the Sea," "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince") will play the woman's son, who's struggling with a drug problem, and Alycia Debnam Carey ("Into the Storm") her ambitious daughter.

The website notes Debnam Carey was previously cast in AMC's rejected sci-fi/fantasy pilot "Galyntine."

The cable channel ordered a pilot for the "Walking Dead" companion series in September. It will be executive produced by "The Walking Dead's" Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert, with Erickson serving as showrunner and pilot co-writer. Adam Davidson ("Hell on Wheels," "Community") will direct.

You know what, I'm done. I'm tiring of trying to point out how parties are equally responsible, only to have it thrown into a "he's playing blame the victim game." You think AMC is fully responsible, fine. But guess what, that is also an opinion too. And I am not the only one who has noticed that it's a two sided issue.

Nope, AMC is the one in the wrong, they admitted to it.

I don't understand the "both parties are in the wrong," angle.

That's like someone at the Kelloggs factory taking a dump in a box of Special K, sealing it up and shipping it out, only to be unsuspectingly purchased and opened by someone who never would have expected that because 1) It's never been done before (to my knowledge...but we live in an f'ed up world), 2) You normally don't get a prize inside Special K, and 3) Who would do that anyway?

Your logic is flawed. Reading spoilers elsewhere, I could maybe see your point, but AMC? They screwed up.

Anyway...

I think Beth's death was a waste. She was sort of becoming an interesting character and they they have her do the stupidest possible thing she could do. I feel like her death won't have any real weight and be forgotten about by the seasons end.

Rick though...I can't wait to see how far that goes.

To beat a dead horse even further to death, I think that (part of) CB2001's point was that a spoiler is a spoiler no matter where it comes from. It's not like as if a spoiler is any less spoilery coming from a friend than it is coming from an official source. I certainly learned back when I was still watching Survivor to not go online and hit any news like site before I've seen the finale otherwise I'll very easily run into a spoiler showing who won, that's what CB2001 is saying; that's not to say that it didn't suck that AMC let the cat out of the bag before the episode even finished airing on the East Coast.

To beat a dead horse even further to death, I think that (part of) CB2001's point was that a spoiler is a spoiler no matter where it comes from. It's not like as if a spoiler is any less spoilery coming from a friend than it is coming from an official source. I certainly learned back when I was still watching Survivor to not go online and hit any news like site before I've seen the finale otherwise I'll very easily run into a spoiler showing who won, that's what CB2001 is saying; that's not to say that it didn't suck that AMC let the cat out of the bag before the episode even finished airing on the East Coast.
I'm a little hesitant on whether to add to this... but, here goes... :)

I understand that seemed to be CB2001 's intent... but, it seemed no matter how hard it was stressed that it was AMC doing this, not a Facebook friend or some other source, that he just didn't seem to get that. As it was noted, this is not something AMC had done in the past and it was done in a way (an image) that was hard to miss.

As far as spoilers, I know I've learned to skim my feed (especially when things like WD air) and if I see keywords or I know certain people are prone to posting about certain things, I avoid those posts - that's not hard to do; but, saying it's your fault for going on Facebook - when AMC normally doesn't do that kind of thing; well, that's ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's exactly what I was saying. You are the second person who understood this.

And despite what JD thinks about what I do and do not understand, I do understand that AMC is at fault for putting the image up, which is their side of the issue. And I never denied that, nor did I ever claim it was a Facebook issue. I also acknowledge the fact, despite what many people here think, I believe it would be common sense not to be on Facebook at the time of an episode airing of any TV show, especially if you in a part of the world where it hasn't aired yet, for the sure fact that a spoiler can be posted by anyone, no matter who they are or their official or unofficial status of any type on Facebook, much like how you adhere to the side of caution by not going on Facebook during Survivor in order to avoid spoilers.

But as far as I'm concerned, the topic has long since been done, and as you say, it's beating a dead horse. And I say let's get off that damn horse and move on, letting that lifeless husk dry out and chewed away by the bugs, crows and vultures, and the bones become bleached by the sun, and eventually disappear in the sands of time. And in honor of moving on, I share this song:

Last edited by a moderator:
We all "get" what CB2001 is trying to say. We're all intelligent, and understand the concept. That's not the issue. We (most of of) simply don't agree with it. Personally, I like to believe most people are good deep down, and don't feel the need to post spoilers. We have the expectation that people don't need to blab spoilers immediately. We have the expectation that we can wait a few days to catch up on our shows. It seems some people just can't wait to get out there and post spoilers. To what end? Why is it that important to you? Are you that unhappy with your life that you must make others miserable as well?

I am not sure Rick is tiptoeing on the edge of crazy...I think he is mostly sane, however he seems to have lost much of his humanity and compassion. At least when it comes to dealing with outsiders.

Frankly I think he had a lot in common with Officer Dawn. They would both do almost anything to protect their 'family'. Their methods and levels of acceptability differ (Rick is cool with killing anyone, Dawn with letting her cops rule the hospital and all that entails). Two sides of the same cold leadership coin.

Beth...was also liking her...bummer. I was envisioning her as a true survivor...I could see the final episode being some 'in the future' flashback episode...with her telling her kids about the 'dark days'.
I do think the stabbing with a pair of scissors was out of character for her...weird for her to snap like that when, as was mentioned by Dawn many times...she was strong. Also, not sure how Dawn got her weapon drawn so quickly, and arm moved up to Beth's chin to pull the trigger. Nitpicking.

Still, was stunned when it happened, and that is what I expect from this show from time to time.

I am not sure Rick is tiptoeing on the edge of crazy...I think he is mostly sane, however he seems to have lost much of his humanity and compassion. At least when it comes to dealing with outsiders.

Frankly I think he had a lot in common with Officer Dawn. They would both do almost anything to protect their 'family'. Their methods and levels of acceptability differ (Rick is cool with killing anyone, Dawn with letting her cops rule the hospital and all that entails). Two sides of the same cold leadership coin.

Beth...was also liking her...bummer. I was envisioning her as a true survivor...I could see the final episode being some 'in the future' flashback episode...with her telling her kids about the 'dark days'.
I do think the stabbing with a pair of scissors was out of character for her...weird for her to snap like that when, as was mentioned by Dawn many times...she was strong. Also, not sure how Dawn got her weapon drawn so quickly, and arm moved up to Beth's chin to pull the trigger. Nitpicking.

Still, was stunned when it happened, and that is what I expect from this show from time to time.

I totally agree, Rick & Dawn are very similar although it could be argued that Rick has never been able to turn a blind eye to things like Dawn has and has never tried to hide behind his badge. Dawn is sort of a walking contradiction, on one hand she's trying to pretend that nothing has really changed or that the situation is just temporary and that her and her people are still cops and they have a job to do. On the other hand she willingly sacrifices her honor and looks the other way while her officers abuse their authority and act out just about every rogue cop stereotype out there.

In regards to Beth, while I didn't necessarily envision her surviving into here old age to tel her grandkids or anything like that I was a bit surprised at her stabbing Dawn, that did seem out of character. I was also surprised at Dawn shooting her, I really didn't catch how that happened and struck me as odd as how she was able to draw and shoot Beth so quickly.

I know it's going to sound odd, but could the reason why Beth stabbed Dawn in the shoulder as some means of heroic sacrifice? I mean Dawn was trying to get Noah back, even despite the deal being done. Is it possible that's what was going through her head when she stabbed Dawn, knowing she would die and that one of her own would take Dawn out?

If it is, I say that was pretty stupid. There was a good chance that a full-out gunfight could have occurred in that hall after Dawn's death, which could have resulted in deaths of Rick's group.

Just a bad cop-out death for Beth...Really could have made it more tense if they had a sniper scenario where the female cop tells the sniper to take out Rick once the deal is done and Beth catches it somehow and stops the whole bloodbath from happening. Here it seems like she jeopardized the whole crew.

It was a very selfish move on her part that could have easily ended in far more deaths. The way it went down was the best case scenario for everyone else.

I wouldn't have minded if Beth and whatsherface had just taken each other out, but this was kinda stupid.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back