Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

I thought the clip was excellent. In five minutes we had solidly established characters, little bit of decent humour, some interesting dynamics. A bit of raw emotion, a fake out and a few references.

What is the source that says this won't be in the film? If it isn't, I quite like it as marketing. It's a nice way to establish things, get people interested, and yet you don't have to spoil any movie content. Interesting.

I think that'll be the future for film making: no trailer per say, but a "marketing" segment that'll never appear in the movie and will show the different character personalities...then the movie will focus solely on the story itself (nobody can, then, accuse the makers of using cardboard cut-out characters in the movie:D)

I thought Franco was pretty good in "127 Hours" or whatever it was called, too.

He was also really good in that Netflix mini series about the JFK assassination. That whole show was great actually.

I wonder if Ridley is like a scorned woman... "You people didn't like Prometheus and all it's intricate story telling... so I'm going to give you what I think you want.... senseless violence and lots of it. It'll be in space with aliens, so it's still cannon."

I've thought it for awhile, he seems like he's upset not a lot of people were as impressed with Prometheus as he was expecting. Then Mr. Blomkamp's concepts came out and everyone lost their mind. Mr. Scott threw his ideas for his future movies in his saga out the window and is just giving the people what they want. What gets me is he has been interviewed and said he told his story in ALIEN and didn't care what other directors did with the universe.(I believe it was when someone asked him about what he thought about ALIENS)

For the teaser, I didn't like the camera work, all the steady cam rigs must have been snatched up by the U.S.C.M. But since it seems that clip is directed by someone's son maybe the final product won't be as bad. Zoom out a little and let me see some ship setting dang it.

I wonder if Ridley is like a scorned woman... "You people didn't like Prometheus and all it's intricate story telling... so I'm going to give you what I think you want.... senseless violence and lots of it. It'll be in space with aliens, so it's still cannon."
Instead of looking into the actual problem of unlikable characters that were so stupid they forgot they were mapping all the tunnels so got lost and then reached out to play with large eels that were swimming around in the mud. With the exception of the doctor who gave birth to the squid and the psychopath android it seemed like the less time a character was on screen the more capable they were.

I haven't really kept up with this movie, is this the same David as in Prometheus? Is he in the same line, repaired, a prequel movie, or what?

Instead of looking into the actual problem of unlikable characters that were so stupid they forgot they were mapping all the tunnels so got lost and then reached out to play with large eels that were swimming around in the mud. With the exception of the doctor who gave birth to the squid and the psychopath android it seemed like the less time a character was on screen the more capable they were.

Prometheus is such a conundrum. I actually like Shaw and David. I really liked Janek (the captain) and his pilots (Chance and Ravel). I liked looking at Charlize Theron... my God she was hot in this movie, despite being a major b*tch.

I did like that they didn't try to force feed the audience every character, their personality and backstory.

The two characters you refer to (tunnel mapping guy and playing with the eel guy) are probably the most glaring detractors from this movie.
The other supporting characters were more set-pieces than anything else. Barely even red shirts.

The story itself was just clumsy, confusing, and felt thrown together. If Janek didn't say that the place was some sort of chemical weapons facility, who knows if that would have been entirely clear. The motivation of the engineers was left pretty ambiguous.

The visuals of this movie were amazing and despite it's plot and character weaknesses I've actually watched this movie quite a few times since it came out. It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't what was expected and failed to be what it should/could have been. In my opinion.

I haven't really kept up with this movie, is this the same David as in Prometheus? Is he in the same line, repaired, a prequel movie, or what?

I think he is supposed to be a different android (Walter), hence the different voice Fassbender is doing. I'm sure David's head will make an appearance as well at some point.

let me get this straight

some of these people are scientist and the rest of the crew must have above average IQs to travel in space

Then why the FU&&!! do they walk onto to a unknown planet without HELMETS!!!! MOTHE*&&^%^&U@(U@Y@IOI$@I

let me get this straight. some of these people are scientist and the rest of the crew must have above average IQs to travel in space. Then why the FU&&!! do they walk onto to a unknown planet without HELMETS!!!! MOTHE*&&^%^&U@(U@Y@IOI$@I

"It has an atmosphere like Earth... so there couldn't possibly be anything bad in the air that would kill us, like alien bacteria, viruses, etc."

Now, is this planet they're on supposed to be LV-426?
I'm assuming not since LV-426 required "Terraformers, planet engineers. They go in, set up these big atmosphere processors to make the air breathable. Takes decades. It's what we call a shake-n-bake colony.the colonizers".

Regardless, if they can invent intergalactic space travel, I feel like they should have devices that can detect things in the air, soil, etc. that would jack a person up. I guess IQ dropped sharply even before Ripley went to sleep for 57 years.

Now, is this planet they're on supposed to be LV-426?
I'm assuming not since LV-426 required "Terraformers, planet engineers. They go in, set up these big atmosphere processors to make the air breathable. Takes decades. It's what we call a shake-n-bake colony.the colonizers".

I believe it's the so-called Engineers home world that was talked about at the end of Prometheus. Given that Covenant is a colony ship, I would assume that this planet is far off the charts of explored space that everyone else knows about in the Alien universe. I can't believe I'm trying to justify a sequel to Prometheus.

On the bright side, I'm happy to see the Xenomorph again with a look that's more akin to the first film than what every subsequent Alien looked like from Alien Resurrection onward. Evil chins! It also reminded me a lot of how the Xeno was depicted in Alien: Isolation, which is not a bad thing.

Looks like it might be a cheap slasher flick for millenials wrapped in an Alien skin. Then again, I could be wrong but not liking that 5 minute scene they released previously which seemed very contrived and was topped off with a stupid joke with reference to Alien...lame.

I actually liked Prometheus even with it's flaws as it tried to at least incorporate some higher concepts and and thematic elements. I was not crazy about some of the cast choices for Prometheus and this film looks even worse in that regard other than Fassbender. Most of the cast in this look like they will portray some 1 dimensional characters that I could care less about.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back