Doctor Who: Psychic Paper Wallet

Darth Mule

Sr Member
Just a little project I started messing around with this week. I'm more of a clothing maker. I don't usually get into the prop making, but this was mostly sewing, and I had the materials laying around, so it seemed like a simple enough task.

Anyway. I decided the one big costume prop I was lacking from my Doctor costume was the psychic paper wallet. Just never bothered with one, and THAT always bothered ME. I recently picked up some of the "same bolt as the screen jacket" fabric to make an 11 tweed, and figured it would be a good time to up my prop game as well.

The current images are the prototype. I think every corner is sewn in differently, as I was trying to get a feel for which method worked/looked the best. I acquired the dimensions from Risu, and went from there.

The wallet is a semi-stiff, smooth grain journal leather lined in a Nylon fabric. I opted for the clear vinyl insert over the laminated card, so that I could change out whatever went behind it on the cardstock. The whole thing is backed with a bit of chipboard to stiffen the wallet cover.

Now to go make my "for reals" one and see if I have any mats left over for a couple more.

6516187239_65e9906c75.jpg
6516187139_7ef7a20aea.jpg

Looks damn good. :thumbsup Been thinking about getting one of these myself.

If you do a run, add me to the list pending the usuals. ;)

I've been meaning to make one of these myself. I'm just not too confident in my sewing machine skills.

I just hope that when I finally do it that it turns out half as good as yours. :cool

Noted!

I actually knocked out 4 more of them. I just need to make a trip to tandy for some supplies. The hide was sadly crammed into a box for who knows how long, so I need to see if they have anything to condition and smooth out the wrinkles, Possibly pick up another hide to make more with.

I guess I'll have to figure out what to charge for these puppies...

Have you thought about making the Doctor's other wallet (the one he keeps his Library Card in) as a companion piece? It's different enough that it'd be worth the effort I think.

Agreed, great job, I'm in for a run should you choose to do so. I'd been trying to find someone with the skills to make this for a while now.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back