When good actors go bad...

I always wonder if they do it just for something to do. Or maybe the script looked better on paper.

Also, Richard Drefuss in Piranha 3D.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Liam Neeson since Ep. 1.

Cuba Gooding jr. in just about everything.

I think some actors do it because they just don't care, it's just a paycheck to them; I know that in some cases like with John Malkvich, movies are just supplementary income and their primary work is done on stage. In the case of Liam Neeson, my wife and I think that sine his wife died he just takes any role now a days just to keep busy. In other cases, I think it's because either their agent sucks, they pick scripts that read better than they are made, or they just have poor taste in scripts

Try sitting next to him at a Premiere

People were knocking others out of their way to get away from him at the Premiere of Malicifent.

A friend of mine got "stuck" with him babbling incoherently untill the next victim came along and she fosted him upon them!

Don't know if he was having a bad night but it scared the bejesus out of my friend

Horribly bad....

Jon Voight in Anaconda. Do I win?

Wow...! Crazy but (sort of) fun story!

People were knocking others out of their way to get away from him at the Premiere of Malicifent.

A friend of mine got "stuck" with him babbling incoherently untill the next victim came along and she fosted him upon them!

Don't know if he was having a bad night but it scared the bejesus out of my friend

By the way was he babbling with a horrible Latin accent and smirking like a damn grouper the whole time...?

JV 001.jpg

Nonono. That scene in Part 2 IS good, precisely BECAUSE of how he played the role up until that point. Michael is always calm, controlled, and methodical, and it's only when Kay confesses what she did that he TOTALLY LOSES IT. It completely sells the emotion of that scene, and how Michael is realizing that everything he told himself, all about how he was doing this for his family, it's all been corrupted now. HE has been corrupted now.

No, I'd say he really just lost it after Scent of a Woman. Or he figured "F--- it. My thing is doing stage plays now, so movies are how I pay for doing what I really love to do."

Nonono. That scene in Part 2 IS good, precisely BECAUSE of how he played the role up until that point. Michael is always calm, controlled, and methodical, and it's only when Kay confesses what she did that he TOTALLY LOSES IT. It completely sells the emotion of that scene, and how Michael is realizing that everything he told himself, all about how he was doing this for his family, it's all been corrupted now. HE has been corrupted now.

No, I'd say he really just lost it after Scent of a Woman. Or he figured "F--- it. My thing is doing stage plays now, so movies are how I pay for doing what I really love to do."
Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing scene. For the reasons you mention. But it's the birth of over the top Pacino.

It's like he got high off the intensity and has been addicted ever since

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Marlon Brando in everything after superman, Orson Welles after he lost most of his fortune and did nothing but weird paranormal documentaries.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back