1:1 "Freeborn" YODA (THE ULTIMATE GOAL) R.I.P STUART FREEBORN

Anyone here in contact with Cyberman? Would like to know some other experiences with him. I for myself am ignored since weeks although my puppet is paid in full and the promised shipping date was the last week of september. Hate to make such things public but enough is enough.

I've been watching this thread because Yoda, to me, represents the pinnacle of manual puppetry. I am a former puppeteer and have worked with Frank Oz a few times and I would dearly love to have one of these awesome Yoda sculpts. That being said...

I think maybe I understand some of the frustration here with Cyberman. I'd like to just butt my nose in here and try to help. What I'm picking up is that Cyberman does not want to be a vendor, does not want customers, and is not soliciting. This thread was to chronicle his work, not to sell stuff. He has agreed to make copies of his sculpt reluctantly. He's not looking for work, and I get the idea that making duplicates is a chore. Am I right, Cyberman?

The problems start when there's money involved. Maybe some sort of escrow arrangement? "Patrons" could put their money in an account where it stays until the item is completed. If you get tired of waiting, you take your money back and cancel your order. Maybe someone here knows how that can be done.

Just an idea. I'd love to have one of these one day, so it would be great to find a solution that keeps everyone happy.

Once money enters into the equation then it is a business transaction and it is the responsibility of the vendor to keep in touch with his clients.

Pretty simple really but I know you understand that Todd as i have always had SUPERB customer service from you.

I myself am waiting on the eFx release in a few years

Still nothing???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No although his friend Jörg also chimed in. He told him that he would contact me after his holiday. But every mail i sent before, during and after his holiday wasnt answered.
@ToddsCostumes If you take other people hard earned money you have to finish and deliver in an acceptable time frame...and you have deliver top work. If you have problems in getting the job done because of technical problems for example you at least have to inform the customer. Promised waiting time was 2-3 month, promised were regulary updates via email and sending pics and deliver an uberaccurate puppet version....thats the minimum you have to do after taking over 2000 Euro for a prop. I dont think i want impossible things ...i just want a fair deal and get what i paid for.

Indeed :-/ when did you pay your first installment btw? My experience stopped me from getting the flaws fixed - it was too annoying.

I have to look...so long since then :) I have no problem if it takes longer but i would like to get informed regulary when i send my money. In all this long time i didnt get one email from him first....always had to ask myself....if you send 5 emails you perhaps get one answer ignoring most of what you are asking.

I'm in contact with Phil again. Problems sorted out now and he is also working on an improved version which why there was a hold up. Thought you guys should know that also.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back