Jayne T-Shirts

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...set=a.166436445581.237773.158007655581&ref=nf

Here's a little trivia. There is more than one version of Jayne's Fighting Elves shirt. The Fighting Elves shirt that Jayne wears in Out of Gas has an additional white spot between the last two Chinese characters...

outofgas486.jpg

...and at the beginning of War Stories...

warstories184.jpg

...but the one he wears planetside during War Stories and at the end of Safe does not.

warstories199.jpg

warstories196.jpg

The white dot does not appear in Safe either and this version doesn't have the white dots behind the third Chinese character.

safe474.jpg

There is also a scene where you can see the iron on transfer peeling away from the shirt.

From the QMx site...

"Our next design in the Jayne Cobb Collection is the only officially licensed Firefly Fighting Elves T-shirt. It's an exact replica of the shirt Jayne wore in several episodes of the Fox sci-fi TV series, including "Out of Gas," "Safe" and "War Stories."

To be an exact replica, it would have to come from the original files, and this doesn't. It would have to be an iron-on, but I'm guessing this is screen printed.

Last edited:
I'm working towards collecting all of Jayne's shirts, and this (among other) posts has been extremely helpful, so let me try to give back. Here's some updated links:

Blue Sun [screen accurate] - Qmx (https://store.qmxonline.com/Apparal_c_19.html)
Fighting Elves [screen accurate] - Qmx
Pin-up Girl [pretty darn close] - Qmx
Serenity Troublemaker [screen accurate] - Qmx
Firefly Smoking Girl [screen accurate] - Kurtyboy (Kurtyboy's Replica Shirts: Home: Zazzle.com Store)
Perfect Cat [screen accurate] - Kurtyboy
Rabbit and Bear [Basic t-shirt in "natural" looks really close to me] - Kurtyboy
Talking Head [pretty darn close] - roarecords (Jayne t-shirt from The Message from Zazzle.com)

Here's where it gets tricky ...

Dragon Tattoo [Jayne's tattoo on a shirt - Thanks browncoatkal] - hungertees (Jayne's Dragon Tattoo T-Shirt by hungertees)
Dead fish [DIY got transfer from CafePress and orange ringer off ebay] - interstrait (Firefly: Jayne - Dead Fish T-Shirt)

These last 6 I sure could use some help with because I've never had any luck with home printer iron-ons.

Firefly Troublemaker - artist unknown (Troublemaker or Troublemaker)
Soldier - Thanks to glim999 and FearTheMullet for the image (The RPF - Jayne t-shirts)
Bad Guys - Thanks to stormtrooperguy (The RPF - Jayne t-shirt)
Misu [water shirt] - Thanks to airhead (The RPF - Question about Jayne shirt)
Decision - artist unknown (the decision)
Girl's Room [I don't recall this shirt being worn on screen] - artist unknown (Girl's Room)

Another good resource for Jayne clothes, other than the multitude of Firefly/Serenity forums, jayne

Last edited:
I realize I'm horribly late to the party, but have we ever found a place that sells the shirt Jayne wore in teh pilot? The one with the red-ish design on the shoulder?

Speaking of Jayne shirts, I replicated the "Perfect Cat" (Tiger) shirt a few weeks ago.

-MJ

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 7.22.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 7.22.53 PM.png
    338.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 0a.jpg
    0a.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 122
Speaking of Jayne shirts, I replicated the "Perfect Cat" (Tiger) shirt a few weeks ago.

-MJ

Any chance you would be able to work up a run of the "Soldier" ones? I know a few guys that would buy one......
Jaynes_Elton_Singleton_Kyle_Roman_Erik_Renaud_Nick_Matthews_Bri_Kupfer_By_Travis_Kirk_FBET_13Sep.jpg

FB_IMG_1456005119946.jpg

By the way, "Soldier"is this one:

warstoriesunsettling.jpg

Last edited:
I've been thinking of doing a few Jayne shirts, I've got all the screen printing supplies ready to go, I just need to find the time. Soldier is one of the first I want to do, I already have the base shirt, a Canvas brand brown/heather brown ringer. (Everybody that's ever made one put it on the black/heather grey, but that isn't correct) I also want to make the water shirt really badly. Troublemaker is my most wanted, but it's something like an 8 color print, and I don't think I can make that happen in quantity.

I've been thinking of doing a few Jayne shirts, I've got all the screen printing supplies ready to go, I just need to find the time. Soldier is one of the first I want to do, I already have the base shirt, a Canvas brand brown/heather brown ringer. (Everybody that's ever made one put it on the black/heather grey, but that isn't correct) I also want to make the water shirt really badly. Troublemaker is my most wanted, but it's something like an 8 color print, and I don't think I can make that happen in quantity.

Isn't Troublemaker one of the few that's available from QMX? Or is their shirt quality/accuracy not satisfactory?

I'd definitely like to see some Jayne shirts. I was late on firefly but have come to acquire some props here and there, most Jayne related. His shirts being something I've always wanted, in particular the "Solider" and the "smoking girl."

Weird, I've only ever seen maybe one or two pictures of the ones from the run and they looked like the grey ones. Does anybody have a better picture?

Awesome, that art looks great. I'd be in if you do another run.
pennausamike That was the picture I had seen before, something about the lighting makes that shirt look much darker.

Last edited by a moderator:
The background of the artwork looks white on the shirt.

I would love to buy a whole bunch of accurate t-shirts :D
Writing this while wearing one of my Serenity troublemaker t-shirts

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back