New EFX star wars exclusive for Celebration Orlando

Somewhat funny how the entire "Prop Story" is about how iconic the stormtrooper helmet is, when this is quite possibly the least iconic version of a stormtrooper lid that has ever been offered. (Chrome, really??? REALLY??)

Somewhat funny, mostly just sad. So, who's buyin? :behave

Meh. Chrome helmet line. Lol.

Honestly though, maybe the ordinary collector will go nuts over these and they'll make more money to finally get the stuff our little corner of the universe wants. But yeah chrome helmets aren't something I want.

Ben

Oh and I think maybe they should take the "digitally scanned from a helmet in the archives" away from their description because, well, yeah.

At least efx has shown they can produce a rehashed version of a previous product with the Vader PCRs.

Chrome helmets don't do much for me when the on screen helmet is not chrome. The price seems too high compared to the regular stormtrooper helmet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Don't be so sure about that my friend... :unsure

I AM sure...my "friend" ;)
Did not purchase ANY items from eFX myself nor do I plan to do (even if I considered it for a while), but despite their actions somebody WILL purchase these helmets.

Members of the RPF are just a small part of eFXs customer base. There are a LOT of people out there, who still buy every piece of S***, as long as it´s got Star Wars written on it. With an edition of just 500 pcs., these chromed buckets will end in the collections of people, who are less purist and nitpicky than our community and who did not have bad experiences with eFxs customer service and business behaviour so far.

For posterity...

efx1.jpg

efx2_vert.jpg

I'm so uninterested in this , that I deleted this email from them almost immediately. I didn't even go to their website to look at the description. So seeing it on Jknos post, I'm floored that it's not fiberglass! I figured, with that, price it was. This is just a chromed PCR? This is "the new" line? This?
Chromed Vader is next for ComicCon, which has no interest for me either. & we're never getting the Scout helmets.

500 bucks for a chromed PCR. Classic cash grab move. Take something you already make cheaply and change it just a little, calling it some kind of "exclusive". Then charge a premium price.

That's, ummm... Cool?

Instead of a Celebration exclusive, maybe they should make an announcement: "We're going to stop introducing new product until we figure out how to get all the things to people that we owe them." And if they did, right after that it would be: "free light sabers for whoever wants one". I mean, sure, either one is equally likely to happen.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back