Press buttons

Scote

Hi guys,

sure there is a proper name for what I searching for:

Try to do a 7 buttons system that when you press one the others reset to the default position.

IIIIIOI
IIIOIII
OIIIIII

67505.jpg

Like a radiotape button system. When you press play the stop button return to the default. Suree there is toys also like that

Would be nice if someone could help me find the proper name of that system or some website how to build one. It for a original prop replica

cheers,

The way they generally work is that when you press a button it has a catch that gets held in place by a spring-loaded plate that runs the length of the buttons. When you press a different button it moves the plate, releasing the first button and then the second button gets caught and so on. It wouldn't be hard to make your own, it would just take some simple engineering and the right springs and such.

-Rog

Walking beam

I don't think that's quite what he's looking for. Maybe if it was just two buttons, but I would still think of a walking beam as being something that's powered and under continuous motion, rocking back and forth.

Searching for the answer is tough, since even modern radios use buttons. Plus Google is beyond useless these days, the way it randomly decides to remove words you were searching for and substitutes one word for another...

Still looking.

-Rog

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back