The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Received the new blasters today, the grips are actually pretty close to the nerf guns in size and I appreciate that they have the left/right grip stabilizer fins.

With the gloves on it was a little cumbersome to try to get my finger through the trigger hole on the Disney blasters so I may trim back the trigger.

The top and bottom of the blasters are significantly smaller.

I'm going to 3d model some slip covers for the Disney blasters to bring the top and bottom up to scale with the nerf guns. I'll post a Shapeways link for the covers once I have them ready to go.

blasters 2.JPGblasters 1.JPGblasters 3.JPGblasters 4.JPG

Last edited:
Danny, any ballpark estimate costwise for the zippers? That's a huggggge help as bulk ordering from Japan wasn't going to happen for 2 short zippers.

Received the new blasters today, the grips are actually pretty close to the nerf guns in size and I appreciate that they have the left/right grip stabilizer fins.

With the gloves on it was a little cumbersome to try to get my finger through the trigger hole on the Disney blasters so I may trim back the trigger.

The top and bottom of the blasters are significantly smaller.

I'm going to 3d model some slip covers for the Disney blasters to bring the top and bottom up to scale with the nerf guns. I'll post a Shapeways link for the covers once I have them ready to go.

View attachment 714195View attachment 714194View attachment 714196View attachment 714197

I was hoping they would be a little shorter, but that's quite a difference. The grip kind of makes the rest look small. I'll definitely be interested in seeing how those covers turn out.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Is there anyone I might be able to commission a couple small 3D printed parts for the boot rockets? The body and boosters I have are fine, I just need the correct pyramid shape (the inch portion that looks like a shaver with the vents on the sides) and the very tops of the turbines. Mine are totally missing the fan blades and I never even noticed until I started working on them and it sticks out like a sore thumb. The pieces pop off easily enough at this stage, I would just like them to be more accurate and I don't have access to a printer at the moment.

Hey guys! Working on some stuff I wanna share with you, first the tee:

e89f9f20356772a9882ada5aec07a876.jpg

88d3e6838308952db23f950fe3c1aef6.jpg

Been working with another rpf member to get another accurate version of the logo, this tee also has correct stitching which will make it more accurate. Sorry for how it looks, this one is size S and my mannequin is size M. Will be starting the run very soon now!

Also if you're in the look for a super cheap version of the tee head out to teepublic and look for Star Lord printed tee where you can get a nice tee with my previous version of the logo on a blue grayish tee. The color is a bit off and the collar will need some mods but, for 20 bucks you can't really go wrong.

79fc8cefe44f739d05f9382e038b75a2.jpg

Lastly check out the necklaces and pin we're making! I'm also looking into a deluxe version with them casted in metal, they should have the wax design pretty soon but I will be required to do a large order so don't forget to sign up at the run! The pin will of course be included when getting the jacket.

c3bb5716c72fa0265b593e90fb70712e.jpg

b64b3dd6639cb236e69aa1efe2c94806.jpg

b2b626ee44e3d72622bf9a975714dfc9.jpg

Has anyone purchased the volume 2 jacket from Fan Jackets or FilmJacket yet? It's not 100% accurate but i personally like the way it looks on the websites so it's good enough for me. I was just wondering which would be better to order from and how one actually looks and fits

As I await my tshirt from soulinertia I thought I'd get this one printed up, not bad for 5 minutes and £7..something different.. I just love all the crazy spaced out graphic design, anyway thought I'd share it [emoji4]
a724c336a6a4fc61347ff033c0473c96.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back