The Predator (New Sequel)

Yvonne Strahovski has joined the cast, known from Chuck, Dexter, 24, Mass Effect. First bit of casting I like.

Wait, what? Did she get plastic surgery? She is one of the most naturally beautiful women on the planet, why the heck would she mess with her face?

I wouldn't go that far, however there wasn't ANYTHING wrong with her looks, that's for sure. :facepalm "if it ain't broken...."

I've only seen her in Ride Along 2, some other film I don't even remember, and The Newsroom. She wasn't terrible in RA2 :p and I thought she was GREAT in the Newsroom.

She was good on G4TV when she dressed as a sexy maid and jumped into a giant pie... I haven't seen X-Men yet though.

Wait, what? Did she get plastic surgery? She is one of the most naturally beautiful women on the planet, why the heck would she mess with her face?

I never heard that either. I remember that Sara Jean Underwood, who was also on G4TV and was PLAYMATE OF THE YEAR, got implants. You're the freaking POTY, that means any guy on the planet would want you! I guess people like that are either completely nuts, or they are just like the rest of us and think they have imperfections.

Yvonne Strahovski has joined the cast, known from Chuck, Dexter, 24, Mass Effect. First bit of casting I like.

She was great on Chuck and ME! So that gives me a little hope.

Major WTF spoilers.

IMG_5277.JPG

Surprised it hasn't been posted here. A few photos leaked from the set. This is the main one of interest.
In it, you'll see Predators in a tank, with humans. Yes, that one is wearing ****ing CARGO PANTS.
All hope I had for this movie is really gone at this point.

Nevertheless it tells us that at least two have teamed up with some of the main cast. I'm assuming they have a common enemy, be it another creature or another faction of Yautja and they are going to have some big battle.

Glad they just happened to have predator sized pants around..

it's totally photoshopped.

You can see the pred in front his arm is resting oh-so-unnaturally on the tank. Also, he is "floating" in an area that is the base of the turret that the machine gunner is standing in... so there's no physical opening there for him to be in.

Also, I doubt the production team would have made a pred head with a bio that fits so poorly as this. LOL

18446996_10103377530728395_1958131749885597974_n.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_5302.JPGIMG_5303.JPG

I guess if we are dismissing it as photoshop there is no need for the spoiler tags. I do seriously hope it is fake, though it does line up with the supposed leaked synopsis that was going around. That is the real cast and real vehicle from a supposed set photographer... where is the original image if this one is doctored?

I will say this.. for the arms being "unnatural?" You've never worn a foam latex muscle suit, eh?
The bio fits fine. ADI really knocked it out of the park and IMO redeemed themselves from the last few... missteps.

I will say this.. for the arms being "unnatural?" You've never worn a foam latex muscle suit, eh?

Uhhh... yes, I have. many times. i have a predator and a DB ninja turtle costume. I know foam latex. That isn't my point. I'm talking about the fact that it appears to be hovering over the hull, yet there is no shadow underneath it.

13243966_971688166262683_5945644113889287489_o - Copy.jpg

I'm on the left, my husband on the right. We both know foam latex.

14708143_1492879690728801_1294599033833185199_n.jpg

Again, me on the left (In Donatello) , hubby on the right (Leonardo).

We REALLY know foam latex. There is more foam in these DB suits than in our preds. OHHHH... the heat.

The bio fits fine.

Ok sure... if you call *this* fine:

IMG_5303.JPG

The head goes back almost six inches farther than the bio does! The top of the bio is practically resting on the center of that pred's "forehead".

Here is a shot from Studio ADI showing how a pred bio SHOULD fit:

studio-adi-will-handle-the-predator-creature-effects-for-shane-blacks-the-predator-13.jpg

Notice... there is no gap...the bio overhangs a bit on the dreds. The P1 didn't hang over as much as this does, but since you brought up ADI I figured we should stick with their work as examples instead of Stan Winston since that's not who is doing work on the new Predator.

The second arrow at the bottom shows what I'm talking about with the arm. It even looks like some of the "elbow armour" has been cut off in photoshopping... not bent under and there is no shadow as there ought to be.

Last edited:
Listen, I'm not trying to argue. As I said, I really.. really, hope it's fake.
The things you pointed out are in no way definitive enough for me to say that it's "totally photoshopped" how you have. The elbow thing could be the suit. The back of the head sticking a few (few, not 6) inches away from the bio? Could be a stunt cowl that simply shifted after a day of filming. You'll also notice on the photo you linked that the bio ends before the head does as well, so I don't get your point?

I am not not going to jump on and say it is real or not based on ONE photo because I don't know.
That is the only point I'm making here. The rest of the internet seems to be on the side of it being real. You are in fact the only person I've seen claim photoshop yet..

As for bringing up ADI, they did the Predators for this movie. That's why I compared with them.. Stan's Predator stands alone in my mind, and ADI is playing catch up. After AVP and AVPr I'm happy to see them redeem themselves a bit.

Apologies for not knowing what you and your husband do. I wouldn't think the average forum member here would have ever worn a foam latex suit.. funny how those assumptions can come back to bite. :p

Last edited:
I don't know if you're in a position to speak for 'the rest of the internet". I may be the only one in this thread thusfar to call photoshop...but that doesn't mean there aren't others who are skeptical. Heck... there are others a few comments above who have expressed doubt. It's far from a conspiracy theory.

Have another look at the ADI photo

studio-adi-will-handle-the-predator-creature-effects-for-shane-blacks-the-predator-13 (1).jpg

Look really REALLY good.

The big red arrow is pointing to the tip or crest of the undermask. That is clearly underneath the "wings" of the bio mask.

Now look again at the "leaked" photo:

IMG_5303.JPG

Not only is there a HUGE difference between the two, but if you take into consideration the scale of the head--and everythign else in the photo for that matter--it's closer to 6 inches than your "a few inches" estimate.

In any case... it fits like garbage. I doubt ADI would do that.

It could indeed be a stunt mask as you've suggested...and hastily slapped on as you intimated. but then that would agree with the supposition made earlier that this is not an in-production still but instead a candid shot...again supporting the opinion that this is not what we will see in the movie.

Apologies accepted. It is always best not to assume. You know what they say about that.

You think it's fake? Cool. Good for you. Saying it is "totally photoshop" as if it's fact? That's where the issue is here. We don't know until we know.. that's my whole point.

IMG_5363.JPGIMG_5364.JPG

I think you'll find you may have a harder time explaining these two away.. showing guess what? Two predators in a tank. One with his Bio off and resting higher on his head.

Like I said... funny how those assumptions can come back to bite. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Dude. I really hope thats photoshopped. ;)

What I thought when I first saw it, was that it was composited onto another image, the lighting looked off, and just odd to me. But seriously if these are in fact real, and some predators are in a ******* tank... Im going to be pissed. Maybe they are soldiers wearing a predator skin or something... Shane Black I swear, you ruined Iron Man 3, dont ruin this...

As a military buff, I just have to point out that the vehicle in these pictures aren't tanks, they're APCs or Armored Personnel Carriers. It looks to be based on an LAV III/Stryker hull. Not that this has any bearing on the discussion at hand, but I just had to point it out.

You think it's fake? Cool. Good for you. Saying it is "totally photoshop" as if it's fact? That's where the issue is here. We don't know until we know.. that's my whole point.

View attachment 729184View attachment 729185

I think you'll find you may have a harder time explaining these two away.. showing guess what? Two predators in a tank. One with his Bio off and resting higher on his head.

Like I said... funny how those assumptions can come back to bite. :rolleyes
Well smart guy...

This picture again is clearly a candid photo. The soldiers are reclining on the back and the tank is parked in a lot of some sort. For all we know, they transport all of the actors--including the preds--onto tge set with this. They seem to be on a break from filming.

So maybe it isn't photoshopped...but its still not evidence that preds are driving tanks.

That much at least should be obvious.

As I'd posted above, I was open to the idea of it being a candid shot. So there are no assumptions coming back to bite except for yours about my having never wore foam latex

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back