Death Star plans data card - zenix's build thread

The other reason I really think it's white is because if it's silver colored, then what color are the details? Black? That's just not how circuitboards are made, and all the evidence points to this actually being a manufactured pcb.
View attachment 699467

I think the traces are covered by the white soldermask, showing through the white, like a typical circuit board:
View attachment 699470

So will the new cards you are making have the details that are in your words, under the white solder mask?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just tossing around an idea...

add0805af3ff009618761d393f8b7472.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

What does the writing on the plaque mean? Or does it not mean anything?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey Zenix I have this pic also it's a screen shot from a Disney kids show were they went behind the scenes in the prop Room!! I was really jealous
e9f5d88d2b16754e1800ae4802f3c043.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I can't see the circuit details in the white-ish area on the new pic. That plus the white bottom bar is kind of telling me that this is a different version, maybe a stunt version? Any news on the source of this pic? It looks like a display somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
6786edc5724ef6736c6749f397394b1d.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

The first photos from the manufacturer just came in! The details on the circles look amazing.

It's not exactly what I wanted, but is exactly what I ordered. I didn't expect the white solder mask to visually block the traces underneath as much as it did. They're still visible, but were most likely exposed more on the real prop. I'll be reordering a new batch to remedy this, by only applying the solder mask around the traces and not completely over them.

Since we're making these from aluminum, I believe I can just put the solder mask everywhere except over the traces and big central circle, allowing the aluminum back to show through the top.

photo1.jpgphoto2.jpg

This is a small batch and will be sent to me this week. I'll have new photos for you early next week.

The first photos from the manufacturer just came in! The details on the circles look amazing.

It's not exactly what I wanted, but is exactly what I ordered. I didn't expect the white solder mask to visually block the traces underneath as much as it did. They're still visible, but were most likely exposed more on the real prop. I'll be reordering a new batch to remedy this, by only applying the solder mask around the traces and not completely over them.

Since we're making these from aluminum, I believe I can just put the solder mask everywhere except over the traces and big central circle, allowing the aluminum back to show through the top.

View attachment 706990View attachment 706991

This is a small batch and will be sent to me this week. I'll have new photos for you early next week.
Oh man! Everybody just asked me why I jumped up and did a happy dance lmao. Can't wait!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back