Another BTTF Pepsi Perfect Build Thread. (Update 29/01/2017)

Re: Another BTTF Pepsi Perfect Build Thread. (Update 30/7/2013)

have you tried shapeways? You can choose from a variety of materials there and it is always rather cheap. Is your model hollow or solid?

formula388, if you're done with your bottle and aren't taking it any further, would you put it up on shapeways? same goes for you Nitrox?

Hello Razorsharp192,

Currently the project is on hold until I return to the UK later this year at which point I will pick up the project again. I have already uploaded my 3D model to Shapeways as I plan to print one out myself, however I am not 100% sure the lid and bottle will match up in terms of the "twisting seal" between the cap and bottle. Because of this I have not made my 3D model open for people to purchase as I don't want to get bad feedback if that turns out to be the case.

My plan is to have one printed and attempt a casting at a cleaned up print if it all works out well, if not then at that point in time I may offer up the Shapeways file for purchase.

Thanks,

Dan.

formula388, if you're done with your bottle and aren't taking it any further, would you put it up on shapeways? same goes for you Nitrox?

I uploaded it to shapeways when I first modeled the bottle. They want $392 for a white plastic version of the model! Wow. I had an idea to make a hollow "cup" version as well and have it built in ceramic by shapeways but it just didnt look right and the cost was still around $75 for hollow ceramic. I didnt bother to have it made.

hello, I'm new here and I want to make my own pepsi perfect and diet pepsi bottle. I have the perfect pepsi logo but I don't have the diet pepsi logo. I wonder if anybody can upload a high res image of "diet pepsi" logo? This would be a great help. Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Finally after a very long break I have revisited this project. The fist printer I had access to was a POS and I couldn't get anything decent out of it, I have recently purchased a much better printer and I have managed to print out the first three parts. The lid which was always going to be the hardest part had come out great, printed this last out the three parts so far in high detail, the straw and the straw holder came out ok but these will be reprinted in higher resolution. Bottle is next up!
IMG_0216.JPGIMG_0217.JPG

Finally after a very long break I have revisited this project. The fist printer I had access to was a POS and I couldn't get anything decent out of it, I have recently purchased a much better printer and I have managed to print out the first three parts. The lid which was always going to be the hardest part had come out great, printed this last out the three parts so far in high detail, the straw and the straw holder came out ok but these will be reprinted in higher resolution. Bottle is next up!
View attachment 702227View attachment 702228
looking good! Looking forward to seeing how the bottle comes out! Good job:)

am I the only one? so last night I woke up & painted another pepsi bottle this time I did a mini one & thought hmmm...I have a some real pepsi that I forgot to put away ,it should be flat now & might look better then the painted ones. I put the soda inside the mini bottle & then put a plastic lid on the bottle & then I put the blue cap on top of it. plopped it down inside a plastic clear tube . & thought hmm that looks ok . let me see what it would look like sitting next to the full size pepsi perfect bottles I made & thought ya I like the way that looks & went into the other room . I herd a loud pow sound & then stuff falling down. I ran to my room thinking what the crap & was like oh no! the lid shot off & nocked over the other bottles . took me a part of a day to refind the lids. am I the only one who now knows that real pepsi plus a slight shake= exploding lids>?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back