NeoRutty's Prop Projects - ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Bucket - Pointers requested?

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - 99% complete Luke Hero saber

neo that is real sleek looking man! looks great!! :thumbsup

neo that is real sleek looking man! looks great!! :thumbsup

Thanks buy Nicksdad did the hard part, I just sanded for hours. Now I've got to get back on the Stormtrooper helmet.

I need my drill, but the battery's run dead and I can't find the charger ANYWHERE. It got put away when we had to declutter for open houses, and now I can't find it. This is exactly the reason I told my parents I wanted one with a chord for Christmas but nooooo... they're all "This is BETTER! Chords are terrible...." Heh.

I'm promising myself that I'm going to trim my calc bubbles and circuit board to replace the "incorrect" clear bubbles for my Vader ESB so that I can *finally* put a pin on that build and say that I actually finished something.... I also have to see what grades of sandpaper I have on hand so that *maybe* I can start sanding down my Nicksdad... I know I picked up a bunch from Princess Auto for another project but I can't remember what I have...

Oh... and yes... I do have an adapter cone for you... I don't plan on assembling my other Obi parts into another saber anytime soon so you can have the cone...

Wow
quickly looking at this saber, the side rails look like they used to be brass ad were painted copper (look over the black buttons) so did the saber used to have a copper neck and brass control box?

Pretty much DONE. (thanks @Nicksdad - great kit!)

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5484/31062345625_a8933f787b_c.jpg

I can't say 100% done, cuz I haven't figured what to do with the rails yet.

https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5556/30920041562_63b82da701_c.jpg

I know some people are using tape, but looking at the original prop, I'm thinking of just painting, especially cuz it's not just the rails, but goes into the steps as well. So because of that, the black buttons aren't glued down yet. The arrows are.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5521/31062343855_c5bc3aa254_c.jpg[/url]

Now that I see this pic, close up, I need to clean up that ring! BTW... those arrows SUCKED to glue down... SUCKED. I'm not even 100% happy with where they are, but I'd rather by 95% happy then try and fix and end up at 85% happy with a dents in my forehead from banging it against the coffee table.

tweezers and glue... what a pain.

Anyway, I just need to figure WHAT paint for the rails now...

Suggestions?

That looks great, did you only use sandpaper or did you use some other products to polish it? I'm going to start mine soon.

That looks great, did you only use sandpaper or did you use some other products to polish it? I'm going to start mine soon.
I did a bunch of passes with sandpaper on the pommel cubes and box... 600 - 800 - 2000 - 3000... then just 3000 on the overall saber.

Then I went over the whole thing with Brasso.

Looks really good. Not as mirror finish as I've seen on the sale thread, but still nice. Looks great next to the V2 I'm still weathering... ones rough, the other pristine.

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - Yoda Lambo wheel and prepping a grenade!

So I went in with @halliwax (thanks, sir) to lock down a correct Lambo wheel, and it's IN, so now I can finish off the Praco yoda

This is a fun one simply because the Bolsey Yoda was one of the first things I built, and was almost entirely scratch... now I have as many real parts as the original @ed209 saber that are available, and will start the build NEXT.

31445632855_436f38654f_c.jpg

Also while at my buddy's I got his help taking off the neck of my Obi grenade (which was jammed on GOOD) and cleaned off the red paint and some rough rust spots. Next I'll do a Bluing pass on the now bare parts and even it out.

31075276110_0658afacba_c.jpg

SO close to being done my grail saber I can TASTE it.

That tracking number I sent you should help!

That grenade looks perfect!

your not kidding, that is one good looking grenade! :thumbsup neo you should be proud to have fathered something that beautiful!

your not kidding, that is one good looking grenade! :thumbsup neo you should be proud to have fathered something that beautiful!

traded my last one to @EDRaven for it... then sold the previous...

once teecrooz 's parcel arrives I'm good to finish!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back