Rogue One: Diego Luna/Captain Cassian Andor Costume Research

Dann, with the cotton canvas, it's relatively warm... basically a three-season jacket. These are made-to-order, so they can be made with a lighter cotton twill for a cooler jacket or lined in cotton, or even wool, if you want a warmer jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Magnoli, that's a fantastic looking jacket.

I think I may have found a couple useful bits for this. First, a nice clear picture that I haven't seen posted yet: https://advancedgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2253_Cassian_R1_28.jpg

Next, I think these pants are a very close match, needs only the pocket patch and pintuck: https://www.amazon.com/Levis-Mens-Cargo-Jogger-Pant/dp/B01EBPOGYK

The buckle for the gun belt and the shoes have me stumped, though. Anyone have a source for either?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are couple shots of my WIP, starting on the jacket next.

UH7YZvp.jpg

tsxG44u.jpg

is the bottom line of the bib supposed to be horizontal? Or a slight angle? Either way, fantastic job and you captured the vibe. Now wash up those clothes so they have a nice worn look.

Looking great! Do you have a plan/template for the pants? Also, what colour belt did you buy?

Last edited:
I self drafted the pants based on a pattern that I have used multiple time in the past. As for the belt, it is Light Olive and a little darker than I'd like. I may paint it a lighter tan using automotive interior paint like i did with the Poe Dameron belt.

Looking great! Do you have a plan/template for the pants? Also, what colour belt did you buy?

I self drafted the pants based on a pattern that I have used multiple time in the past. As for the belt, it is Light Olive and a little darker than I'd like. I may paint it a lighter tan using automotive interior paint like i did with the Poe Dameron belt.
They look great. Is it possible to still buy the shirt and pant patterns anywhere online?

Hi!

Don't know, if anyone is working on this alternative outfit...

cassian-andor-main_216e7233.jpeg

In case anybody is interested: I'm pretty sure, the box on his jacket is a german army gun-cleaning-kit.
Just search for "waffenreinigungsgerät" on ebay. (you might also want to add "bundeswehr" or "bw").

Studio_20161126_001155.png$_20.JPGBW-Bundeswehr-Waffenreinigungsset-Waffenreinigungsgerät-NEU-G3-MP2-P1.jpg

They are around 5 - 10 Euros each (plus shipping).
Have fun!

Last edited:
Hi!

Don't know, if anyone is working on this alternative outfit...

View attachment 685958

In case anybody is interested: I'm pretty sure, the box on his jacket is a german army gun-cleaning-kit.
Just search for "waffenreinigungsgerät" on ebay. (you might also want to add "bundeswehr" or "bw").

View attachment 685959View attachment 685960View attachment 685961

They are around 5 - 10 Euros each (plus shipping).
Have fun!

Here's a bigger version of that picture (source):

cassian-andor-main_216e7233.jpeg

There seems to be variants of that kit, but since no one seems to want to take pictures that show the hinge, it's hard to tell which one they used.

Edit: here's some pictures of what looks like an incorrect variant:

Waffen-Reinigungsset-Bundeswehr-G3-gebr.jpgWaffen-Reinigungsset-Bundeswehr-G3-gebr-_57.jpgWaffen-Reinigungsset-Bundeswehr-G3-gebr-_57 (1).jpg

Always with the awesome clothes, Magnoli! Man, I'd wear that jacket every day!

I've still got your Blade Runner tie, I've worn it to several weddings! Ha!

So I've pitched the belt, I'll be ordering Magnoli's jacket soon but I'm really struggling on finding patterns for the short and pants. Any ideas anyone?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back