Options for Mace Windu sabers?

I've thought of it, specificlly because I own a nice casting of the original prop. But, I'm not sure if I actually have the 3d modeling skills to draw up the main body accurately.

I would think that having accurate measurements of the MW hilt should lead to a pretty accurate saber. One should be able to test how accurate and screen-accurate the design is through 3D printing though.

A 3D print of that thing could cost up to $200, if not higher. I just did a full print of the bmaul and it was about 120 as a single piece, 160 parted out for painting. All tolled, the bmaul was 17 pieces and the windu is 30 or so. There's less volume to hollow out for the windu.

However, if anyone wants the 3D print version - i'd be happy to put it on shapeways.

I've thought of it, specificlly because I own a nice casting of the original prop. But, I'm not sure if I actually have the 3d modeling skills to draw up the main body accurately.

BTW can you post a picture of your cast of the MW prop? I'm curious if you have the hero version or the on-screen "V2" fighting version. Thank you.

I'm definitely interested in someone doing a very accurate one.

On another note, Ultrasabers is coming out with one that is similar, but not very accurate. They had it at their booth at Dragon Con.
E6EAB13F-BA2B-46A9-81F2-27B1ADF375B9_zpsqf4pxrb0.jpg

Well, it looks like those are all of our options. I'm surprised there weren't more, but I guess the complexity of the design plus the lack of love for PM sabers overall makes sense. Waiting for a quality production run seems like the best option unless accuracy isn't a priority. But I had the MR version for a while and I think i'm going to hold out for something better. Unless someone in the Seattle area wants to collaborate and take this on! :)

Just picked this up from a seller in Japan. Looks like it might be one of the SaberArts ones. The seller claimed it was one of the MR limited editions but there's quite a few giveaways that say otherwise. And it definitely wasn't priced at the MR level. Can anyone identify if this is from the SaberArts run?

Photo%20Nov%2009%2011%2054%2025%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2009%2011%2050%2030%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2009%2011%2051%2034%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2009%2011%2051%2049%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2009%2011%2051%2058%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2009%2011%2052%2040%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2009%2011%2052%2006%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2009%2011%2052%2022%20AM.jpg

Believe teecrooz. If memory serves me well, he was part of a saberart run and would know for sure.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Just want to chime in, and say I'd love to invest in a high quality Mace Windu hilt that is super screen accurate.

I've constructed 3 of my own sabers (electronics installs in a Korbanth, and two US fantasy sabers). I feel like I have enough experience and I'm ready to invest in in CF8 with all the trimmings. I want to do it when a reasonable Mace Windu hilt is available.

Last edited:
Scam or not, why would you want to waste your money on that? Its very inaccurate.

That's run by someone called Peter Zhang, who apparently used to be a manufacturer for Parks before going separate ways. Seems to have made several new sabers but mainly aimed at the electronic installs groups. You can find some reviews for his Sidious and Qui-Gon on FB and YouTube, but production on the Windu doesn't seem to be finished yet. Seems like a reasonable price if you're not too bothered by inaccuracies, since there's not that much else out there for Mace is there?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back