TDK Cape Template? Ideas for a budget build!

Napjr

Greetings from Mexico!

Im looking to make a budget cape for my TDK suit, but im not sure if there is a template available somewhere. Any ideas also for nice fabrics?

How do attach it to the chest?

I love coofunkcurly capes, but thats over my current budget and i want more a stunt cape to move freely when i use my costume

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years ago I used a black curtain and that worked well. I bought it at a thrift shop for like $8

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

BigCapeFullsize_zps5hr4afbl.jpg

Here is the pattern I used for my TDK suit. I got the fabric at a local fabric shop for $7 per yard.

This is the cape pattern I used for mine, you can add/remove segments as you'd like.

View attachment 675100

I sewed the industrial velcro to the ends, then glued the other half inside my suit. I think I've got some pictures showing that on my old thread here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=199051

That's funny. I was literally just looking at your thread. I was having the same issue with the cape pulling on the armor. I'm gonna do what you did and add the velcro to the underside of the chest armor.

That's funny. I was literally just looking at your thread. I was having the same issue with the cape pulling on the armor. I'm gonna do what you did and add the velcro to the underside of the chest armor.

That's so awesome! That was such a fun build to do; my first real step into modifying stuff. I've only wore that suit that one Halloween. . . just doesn't go well with a big beard hanging out of the cowl!

I found this image on the Net:

0208049824297147_2974935343690610619_n_zpsvqflpqec.jpg

which translated to this:

0209338842481796_5422068760902672291_n_zpswcikb4vr.jpg

then this:

0209338842561798_1567969803985221782_n_zpsklhaym4t.jpg

Since these pics, I've cut a large 'V' where the neck goes, similar to the Coorfunkcurly design and cut slits into the UDR jacket to attach.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back