Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

It's funny how hit and miss the retailers are on this. I stopped at one Walmart, and their idea of Force Friday was to roll out a pallet of knock-off "Space Swords". Literally no other new Star Wars toys. Stopped at a second Walmart and they had just rolled out a full pallet of Storm Trooper and Kylo black series helmets. They also had the main aisle in front of the toy depart filled with pallets of all the new toys.

Needless to say, I grabbed a Storm Trooper helmet and promptly cancelled my Amazon pre-order.

As others have said, for $80 a very nice helmet!

I shoulda just jumped on the Amazon order right away. Every store near me and my work (70 miles away) are all sold out. And a lot of the websites that offer it are suggesting that ordering today puts you into a 2nd release wave slated for October 31 availability.

just picked mine up. target had a whole 2 (an hour after store opening) in the regular SW toy section. they only left room for both of them, im unsure if thats ALL they had (some stores limit stock due to higher priced items, for example walmart only carried 2 $150 vader sabers last year) or they periodically restock the shelf throughout the day. if your hat size is larger than 7 3/8 you may have difficulty squeezing into it cuz the back part has like an inch of plastic (which can be dremeled out).

the voice changer is an absolute joke. to turn it on push the right 'rank stripe' part of the ear. when its "on" it goes koo-cheet, and "off" is signified by kee-choot sound. its literally the worlds cheapest AMPLIFIER, it refracts the muffled "pringles can" sound because your talking into a bucket and doesnt actually modulate your voice at all.

Put mine together over lunch. I gotta say, for looking at replica TK buckets over the last 20 years or so - this thing is awesome for the price point. Yes, it's a toy. However, it's a full scale, nicely detailed toy with a great price point that bridges the gap between cheap junk and a full blown accurate Bucket. My like the recent EFX Vader, you really can't go wrong with this item or its price point.

Now they just need to make a Fett.

FYI, you can now actually order the Shadow Trooper helmet although no ship date

At least it means they'll sell more. Between this and the regular helmet, however, it still blows my mind that a place like Amazon sells out so quickly. I'm hoping these will be like the Kylo helmet. A lot of hype at first, but eventually easy to get. You can grab a Kylo online, no trouble, for $62.

I saw two at Target. A few minutes later they were gone (bought by the same person). I passed on it. It is just not something I feel I must have right now. I do want to eventually pick one up but I will wait for a sale or reduced price like I did for Kylo Ren's helmet.

Amazon shadow trooper sold out pre orders :(

All morning they were listed as "Unavailable" with no purchase options. A little while ago they moved to "Temporarily out of stock" with ability to purchase but no ship date. I'm pretty sure this means they're expecting more. I don't think they would have updated the listing if the entire inventory sold out last night. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Anyone else that got the helmet. Does the speaker grill line on the back bulge out farther than the curvature of the helmet?

Wondering if it's a defect on mine, or just how it's made.

All morning they were listed as "Unavailable" with no purchase options. A little while ago they moved to "Temporarily out of stock" with ability to purchase but no ship date. I'm pretty sure this means they're expecting more. I don't think they would have updated the listing if the entire inventory sold out last night. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Oh nice! I haven't looked since getting disappointed this morning lol.

Hey, Everyone! After being denied at Walmart on Wednesday, the cashier actually claimed the item was on recall! I popped into a Target nearby my home to find one helmet left. All things considered, I am very happy with it, even though it's a tight squeeze on my huge head. After reading all the comments about the voice changer, I haven't bothered with it. I am now toying with the idea of making a foam suit for Halloween like I've seen on a previous build. That guys suit and helmet were pretty rad for the amount of time & materials used. I hope everyone that wants one gets one. :)

Anyone else that got the helmet. Does the speaker grill line on the back bulge out farther than the curvature of the helmet?

Wondering if it's a defect on mine, or just how it's made.

Mines the same, most noticeable when looking top down. If I squint at it, it doesn't seem too far out of symmetry- it seems a result of the vent cut outs.

My Walmart didn't have anything :/ what a joke

My walmart NEVER has anything cool. Far as I know, nothing has changed. A different walmart had 2 beat up boxes on Wednesday but they wouldn't sell me one. I had better luck at a local Target which had some cool Deathtrooper standees at the front door!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back