Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

I understand that the scout has been delayed by a lot but can you at least tell us anything about the fett helmet? is it still coming out or has it been cancelled?

Are the PCR helmets idealized like the Limited or more like the Legend as far as painting?

So basically the materials and labor to make the fiberglass caused that much of a price difference? I'm surprised they would have a product that looks even close to the Legend/Limited at such a lower price.

Sweet, now i know this is a long shot but anyway you guy can sell the scout pistol separate?

I would love to own it as many of us here especially seeing as its cast from the original one but after tax and all I am looking at almost 1k for the scout helmet which I just cant do.

The fett is still moving forward.

Well I think news of this helmet is really fantastic for Star Wars collectors and anyone wanting an accurate Darth Vader helmet at an affordable price.

I was was really hoping for $250 instead on $300, I know it doesn't sound like much but by the time you tack on shipping it's more than I can spend, especially since I've already got an EFx Limited, my costume trooping helmet, and an old Fang fixer-upper hanging around. Maybe I'll see after the tax return.

Hey Gino, if you want to send me one I'd be delighted to review on my terrible YouTube channel, give it a detailed once-over and maybe compare it to the Exf limited. I mean, my viewship is low, I think my Anovos unboxing is up to 150 views, but I'd certainly give a fair review if you guys had a spare one in the back of the warehouse to send my way.

Are the PCR helmets idealized like the Limited or more like the Legend as far as painting?

The painting should be the same as the fiberglass Limited and legend versions.

So basically the materials and labor to make the fiberglass caused that much of a price difference?

Absolutely. There is so much automation in an injection molding process that it dramatically cuts down on time and labor.

I'm surprised they would have a product that looks even close to the Legend/Limited at such a lower price.

Me too! :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet, now i know this is a long shot but anyway you guy can sell the scout pistol separate?

I would love to own it as many of us here especially seeing as its cast from the original one but after tax and all I am looking at almost 1k for the scout helmet which I just cant do.

There are no plans at this moment to offer the pistol as a stand alone item.

no problem man in that case just 1 last question, are the pistols cleaned up or are they straight from the mold to the buyer? meaning with all the bumps and what not

So hopefully if I should find someone with a legend helmet that is willing to part with the pistol.

no problem man in that case just 1 last question, are the pistols cleaned up or are they straight from the mold to the buyer? meaning with all the bumps and what not

So hopefully if I should find someone with a legend helmet that is willing to part with the pistol.

There weren't really any stunt/hero scout pistols made for the film and every one has some slight nuances. Some have what I would call more 'hero' finishings but not really a hero version in the traditional sense.
The screen used pistol we molded was one of many just like it used in the film. The only changes planned are the addition of a couple details that were found on the more detailed guns.
Also some minimal surface clean up but all the wonkiness will be there.

Thank you Gino for all these updates! :cheers It's great to hear whatever info you can share about the Scout helmets, no matter how small or trivial. & it's great to hear that the Boba Fett is still in the works. Do you have a painted master done yet? I ask because the last few years it's been shown at the Cons & all, it's always been unpainted.
You are killing me, though. I was planning on NOT getting this PCR Vader helmet (as I already have the Limited- that I LOVE!). But if you guys are gonna put out a "Legend" painted style... I could be in trouble. My one question about this Vader is, will they come with a stand?
& I don't want to get into the brawl, but I do like Quasimodo Vaders. Especially the ESB. I know they aren't technically considered "screen accurate", but I think - in my opinion - that they are beautiful pieces.

"I thought you were kidding. I thought it was a joke. I even wrote it down in my diary, Tom had a very funny joke today. I laughed at it later that night!"

Seriously though, those quasimodo helmets do not even belong on the top ten list of accurate helmets. They started from the crappiest of crappy helmets, and were hand altered to best replicate the "look" of what an accurate helmet would look like. There is no way you can hand sculpt a helmet to have an accurate form. It either starts out that way or it doesn't. And those absolutely do not.

The fiberglass EFX legend and limited, even though they are a factory produced item are FAR superior to those scratch made helmets in ALL respects.
The only shortcoming of the fiberglass EFX helmets are the idealization of the topical surface boogers and dents/dings. But the overall shapes/geometry is there and completely on point.

And this new injection molded offering looks VERY close to the fiberglass versions. So much so that from a few feet away you really can't tell until you get right up on it.
Also the factory paint finish will be identical to the fiberglass versions which in my opinion is fantastic.

Regardless how superior you think your efx Vader helmets are, you've left such a lasting impression in this thread I'm 100% positive I won't buy a product from your company - including this new $300 injection molded plastic helmet.

Considering Bookface and MacClaren hand sculpted and painted their own helmets, why would they need a license? They didn't illegally scan or make their molding from an "official" LFL helmet. Or is it your position every artist out there who sells Star Wars 'fan art' are not "great guys". If that's the case, me thinks you might need to learn a little about copyright law before you start spitting venom at artists who produce and sell their own "art", regardless if it's in the likeness of another image.

Also, if you have a problem with people making a profit off their time, talent and effort, it only reinforces what a whiny little baby you really are.

The bolded comment is just laughable.

This plastic helmet sounds to me to be a dash for cash, where's the hero Stormtrooper ? Fett ? Scout and the list goes on. You offer no customer re assurance and when you do comment it's to bash other people's product. How your still in business is beyond me, EFX comes across very amateurish at best. I rarely comment on these boards but I've been here for years, I just can't stand to listen to your broken record BS anymore.

And heres a track from Ginos latest hit: it's coming it's coming it's coming it's coming it's coming it's coming, production delays production delays production delays.

It's kind of like having faith, your supposed to believe in it even though you can't prove it exists, just like your products
just give it a rest. We are just so tired of your crap. the more you try to justify your existence in the prop world the more foolish you look. Just stop.

Last edited:
Because these are being injection molded in sturdy ABS and there are limitations to injection molding when it comes to undercuts.

For example, on the dome because of the return edge on the bottom, it creates an undercut that prevents it from being made in one piece.

The classic action and rubies made significant compromises to the forms/shapes to allow them to be molded in a more simplistic way where as we wanted to retain the original forms/geometry as much as possible.

Thanks for the infos.Are the pics on the EFX site from the finished master?

This plastic helmet sounds to me to be a dash for cash, where's the hero Stormtrooper ? Fett ? Scout and the list goes on. You offer no customer re assurance and when you do comment it's to bash other people's product. How your still in business is beyond me, EFX comes across very amateurish at best. I rarely comment on these boards but I've been here for years, I just can't stand to listen to your broken record BS anymore.

And heres a track from Ginos latest hit: it's coming it's coming it's coming it's coming it's coming it's coming, production delays production delays production delays.

It's kind of like having faith, your supposed to believe in it even though you can't prove it exists, just like your products
just give it a rest. We are just so tired of your crap. the more you try to justify your existence in the prop world the more foolish you look. Just stop.

When does their star wars license run out? Maybe this is a last dash to release something before the license expires.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back