Bandai release schedule

that's not true

I certanly can't understand the interest in small scales, c'mon, a 1/72 tie fighter fits in your hand, .. for fighters like x-wing/ u-wing.. etc 1/48 is the perfect size, enough to work detail in cockpits and other areas, add lights, and still not make your home too busy.

i certanly think big hobby companies don't take any risk in making real interesting stuff, Bandai included., if you don't go deagostini, or a russian company decides finally to do a decent model for a star destroyer, last 20 years have been really boring, I'm not including here garage /resin kits of course.

Well i personally like the small scaled models. I dont want my house cluttered with giant models.
I would rather have 3 or 4 smaller scaled models with super details displayed on one shelf than a 3 ft model taking up a coffee table or an entire wing of my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someone knows this. I thought that I read somewhere that the Bandai Y-wing model is based off of the Gold Leader Y, and the Finemolds was based off of Red Jammer. I'm no Y-wing expert but I know they were all slightly different. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I'm no expert, but from my understanding Fine Molds has the "tiger sprocket" part that Gold 2 has while Bandai has the part the Gold Leader has. Although there are other differences between the overall shapes of the Fine Molds vs the Bandai as well

IIRC Red Jammer had a LEM part in that spot.

Here are the actual studio models

Last edited:
Thank you, very cool. I'd heard that the Finemolds was larger but didn't realize it was that much larger.

I'm no expert, but from my understanding Fine Molds has the "tiger sprocket" part that Gold 2 has while Bandai has the part the Gold Leader has. Although there are other differences between the overall shapes of the Fine Molds vs the Bandai as well

IIRC Red Jammer had a LEM part in that spot.

http://i.imgur.com/hSVUZeE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LSCnEao.jpg

Here are the actual studio models

http://i.imgur.com/ZmsdscT.jpg

The dioramas sounds very cool, but probably aren't indicative of new model kits.

In addition, on Friday, April 14thLucasfilm’s Brian Merten joins Bandai Hobby and Tamashii Nations will tease and reveal new announcements on upcoming products not on display in the booth as part of the Star Wars Collectibles Update. An art gallery featuring both Bandai Hobby and Tamashii Nations Star Wars product in eye-catching dynamic scenes will be on display also within the booth.​

Sounds like we'll get either announcements or hints of currently unannounced upcoming kits on Friday. The trailer for for Episode VIII debuts on Friday as well, so that would make sense as the date we'll start to see news of products related to TLJ (the new A-Wing? the new B-Wing from leaked set pictures?).

Last edited by a moderator:
The dioramas sounds very cool, but probably aren't indicative of new model kits.

Sounds like we'll get either announcements or hints of currently unannounced upcoming kits on Friday. The trailer for for Episode VIII debuts on Friday as well, so that would make sense as the date we'll start to see news of products related to TLJ (the new A-Wing? the new B-Wing from leaked set pictures?).

That is at 2:30-4:00 on Friday. Decisions... decisions.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/...lectibles-Update-with-Lucasfilms-Brian-Merten

I just got a bunch of pics from the Bandai table at SW celebration on my FB messenger from a friend on the Ghost base costuming club took, it looks like it is pretty much the same set up as the toy fair videos we've seen, nothing really new that we don't already know about.
17911101_10155418967395649_1820234939_n.jpg

17918201_10155418967635649_287283440_n.jpg

17918845_10155418967700649_401360308_n.jpg

Lynn

Last edited:
This looks like a kit. It has a different display base. Also looks like ANH Star Destroyer by looking at the tower. But the front tip just looks way too sharp.
Probably a CGI asset Rogue One Star Destroyer, which in turn was based on the a New Hope one, but is not an exact match

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back