Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Post-release)

You could have a lucrative career in Gotham.
Just follow Batman around and retrieve his disguarded gadget's .
You could sell 'em or become a well armed vigilante your self !

re-watching BVS and noticed he just tosses every weapon/gadget down when he's done.
Even the damn kryptonite spear . Lol.
(Until you follow him into the doomsday fight you'd probably die lol)

wonder if he just left the batmobile after he ran into superman ?

At least Bale blew up his toys when he was done playin with 'em

The Bat-o-rang's alone are worth the trip.

P.s.
How did batman call lex after he saved supes mom ?

K.G. Beast must have one hell of a tuff phone
!
P.p.s
why didn't supes let doomy smash lex THEN fight ' em ?
P.p.p.s
how supes supposed to reserect from the grave? aint no sun light shinning on him down there .

I gotta stop . lol

Last edited:
wonder if he just left the batmobile after he ran into superman ?
No, did you miss the scene afterwards where he drives it back in the cave, all smoking and crackling sparks everywhere ?

Same way he communicates with Alfred, with the com-link in his cowl ?

why didn't supes let doomy smash lex THEN fight ' em ?
Because despite what people seem to think, he had no intention of killing Lex, nor let him die ? Superman may have killed Zod in the past, and be frustrated with how his efforts were met, he was still ready to sacrifies himself for mankind, including Lex... He's still the good guy, he just doesn't parade around saving cats from trees and taking smiling selfies with random people on the streets.

The rest I honestly don't know. Might be explained in JL, might not. We'll see.

No, did you miss the scene afterwards where he drives it back
in the cave, all smoking and crackling sparks everywhere ?

Same way he communicates with Alfred, with the com-link in his cowl ?

Because despite what people seem to think, he had no intention of killing Lex, nor let him die ? Superman may have killed Zod in the past, and be frustrated with how his efforts were met, he was still ready to sacrifies himself for mankind, including Lex... He's still the good guy, he just doesn't parade around saving cats from trees and taking smiling selfies with random people on the streets.

The rest I honestly don't know. Might be explained in JL, might not. We'll see.

Yeah guess I missed forgot him driving the broke bat mobile .
And I know he's the good guy just forgot he was such a goody as to save lex that quick cuz he was so Moody and broody the whole time

But the phone call was a timed event and we all have caller I'd . the call was at the correct time and number . yeah Batman could have had the number to lex's burner phone ( I better be a throw away he's supposed to be as genius lol) and yoe would think Lex would have noticed a strange number calling instead of kg beast . anyway I was just nitpicking for fun lol.
Mainly just noticing how Batman just chucked every thing he used after one or two uses .

Like the grenade launcher he used to shoot the Kryptonite gas he tossed in the fight with superman then had it or another later for doomsday I assumed he just had a another in the bat wing .
He also tossed the grapple gun ( which hooks on the belt very easily )
then pops two out his butt running from Doomsday .
Highlander rulers I guess !
I guess Wonder woman kinda did that as well I just figured the invisable plane was close and she popped in and out with out us seeing her .

Any way thanks now I gotta go back n watch for him driving the junked up bat Mobile !
LOL

but that batman/bruce never really evolves as a human. he's one note, even if the show is amazing.

case in point, JLU episode where batman/diana travel to the future. old bruce and diana never hook up......he never allows himself happiness.

He is completely focused on his mission. He thinks about quitting a few times. First with Zatara while he is training to become Batman. He feels he can't rest until the mission is completed. However that doesn't mean that there are not times that he allows himself some gratification. He might not be going to Disney World but TAS showed he still had a human side.

He is completely focused on his mission. He thinks about quitting a few times. First with Zatara while he is training to become Batman. He feels he can't rest until the mission is completed. However that doesn't mean that there are not times that he allows himself some gratification. He might not be going to Disney World but TAS showed he still had a human side.

yeah, that's true. they do let him show a bit of it more than some of the others at least :).

But the phone call was a timed event and we all have caller I'd . the call was at the correct time and number . yeah Batman could have had the number to lex's burner phone ( I better be a throw away he's supposed to be as genius lol) and yoe would think Lex would have noticed a strange number calling instead of kg beast. LOL

Bruce Wayne cloned KG Beast's phone at the fight club, so he not only had Lex's burner cell, but could have made the call look like it was from KG Beast.

Bruce Wayne cloned KG Beast's phone at the fight club, so
he not only had Lex's burner cell, but could have made the call look like it was from KG Beast.

Son of a .....
No more staying up all nite drinking n postn for me lol .

Of course he did !!!!!

Plus after noticing that the actors that play Martha and Thomas Wayne are the same that play Negan and Maggie in The Walking Dead I just kept thinking about how to get them together in TWD so they could bring Batman into that universe as well .
And kind of half watched the movie didn't help either lol.

Good ol winter night's keeping warm with a liquid blanket gotta love em !

Last edited:
At least Bale blew up his toys when he was done playin with 'em
P.s.
I'm pretty sure Bales Batman didn't pick up every Batorang he used...and he did give a kid one of his gadgets in Batman Begins. Let's hope it didn't have the Wayne Enterprises logo on it. :lol

Also I believe Lex called his lackeys to see if they had taken care of Superman's mom and Batman answered, he didn't call Lex.

It's not so much marvel friendly for me.

It's making them a likeable character.

If a movie is all doom and gloom, and Batman be like 'I'm gonna catch crooks'...as he's eating dinner.. and 'i'm gonna catch crooks' as he's brushing his teeth and 'i'm gonna catch crooks' as he's driving down the street looking to catch crooks...it makes him kind of boring.

unless it's the lego movie and they parody that goofy glumness with goofy goofyness wonderfully.

You could have had him with a family.. seeing his inner struggle as he keeps his crime fighting life separate from his family life. that would have showed us that maybe some time had passed.

This batman, not really likeable. not really relate able. you can't really root for him. and if he tried some humor to lighten the mood a little, it wouldn't work.

you don't have to be all goofy or all serious. that's why i think the marvel movies work. they found a nice middle ground and can go in any direction. dc hasn't found that yet. they are too busy rushing things.

I seriously suggest you stick with the animated iterations of Batman or maybe Batman and Robin and avoid the darker takes on the character. Batman with a family? He trained for years to become more than the average person, to take down the bottom feeders who killed his family, I don't see him dropping off kids at a soccer game.

Whenever I hear a superhero filmmaker doing something that's "dark", I am reminded of the poetry of most 15 year old girls. I think a good filmaker tells their story however they need to. There is something very one dimensional about "dark" as an aesthetic. Frankly, the dark Knight is still the best Batman movie. It also has the most humour, tension, and daylight scenes.

For me, the gold standard for superhero movies is Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2. I see no reason that a great Batman film couldn't follow a similar tone. And I'd love to see a blue cowl/cape and way less tech.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RxCBXlZfW...C5E/KrfcLYibiTo/s1600/JoseLuisGarciaLopez.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

why not?

why does he only have to be grim and dark and gritty?

if that's the only reason to like a character, I'd consider that sad.

batman is the story of an orphan who spends every night trying to symbolically save his parents , he could not save them as a child but he can stop other peoples parents and children from meeting the same fate. But to do so he has to disconnect from society or else they will find out who he is and kill or arrest him . the story is inherently dark despite what Adam west says lol.

You keep crossing over from stating your opinion about things to your opinion about others opinions and why there wrong !!

So fine.
the turtles are stupid because two of them choose sharp stabby weapon but only want to Bonk there opponent into submission. Then put away the katana's and sai there made to kill !
Plus there ninjas (Japanese) 3 out of four of there weapons are Chinese which teaches children not to care about true culture just paint broad strokes there all the same right .
Once again there ninja's ninja is assassination cult very child friendly.

You do know they had to change there name in most of Europe right ?
To them it ment teenage mutant MURDERING turtles !

Captian America teachers kids screw hard work just do drugs to achieve greatness.

What other goodie gum drop heroes you got for me to tell you why it is sad for you to like them ?

Last edited:
How many 15 year old girls do you know, and why are you reading their poetry? :lol

They did tests and concepts with the blue cowl and it was decided it didn't quite work as well as they wanted. It just doesn't translate well from the page to the screen.

Whenever I hear a superhero filmmaker doing something that's "dark", I am reminded of the poetry of most 15 year old girls. I think a good filmaker tells their story however they need to. There is something very one dimensional about "dark" as an aesthetic. Frankly, the dark Knight is still the best Batman movie. It also has the most humour, tension, and daylight scenes.

For me, the gold standard for superhero movies is Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2. I see no reason that a great Batman film couldn't follow a similar tone. And I'd love to see a blue cowl/cape and way less tech.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RxCBXlZfW...C5E/KrfcLYibiTo/s1600/JoseLuisGarciaLopez.jpg

Wow....I didn't see it as that, but, uhm..ok..

All I meant on that was simple. If you like batman ONLY because he's dark and gritty, and there's no room for lighter stuff in that iteration, seems to me you don't like batman so much as you like dark and grim characters. telling me to sick only to the light side of a character is the opposite side of what you think i'm doing.

I happen to like characters well balanced. Piccolo from dragonball Z is awesome. he can go totally dark.. yet be completely embarrassed that he has his eyes closed in a wedding photo.

To me, that's an interesting character.

you also have characters like Roshi who can be so goofball and funny... and yet turn serious and get down to business in an instant.

But to say that batman should ALWAYS be dark and gritty ALL the time....to me is kind of sad.

But, if that's what you like, that's what you like. If I want to see him a little light hearted, that's what I'd like.

why not?

why does he only have to be grim and dark and gritty?

if that's the only reason to like a character, I'd consider that sad.

You're the one seeing only the dark and gritty. I see more to the character than that. Spiderman tries to live a normal life with a girlfriend, social life, etc. So does Supergirl, the Flash, Hawkeye, Superman, Ironman, on and on. Why the hell do we need to see Batman doing the same thing? Batman is my favorite super hero because of his singular pursuit of justice. He is not without humor, not without feeling, but he is focused more than any other on his goal. I see nothing sad about that.

You're the one seeing only the dark and gritty. I see more to the character than that. Spiderman tries to live a normal life with a girlfriend, social life, etc. So does Supergirl, the Flash, Hawkeye, Superman, Ironman, on and on. Why the hell do we need to see Batman doing the same thing? Batman is my favorite super hero because of his singular pursuit of justice. He is not without humor, not without feeling, but he is focused more than any other on his goal. I see nothing sad about that.

that's better than telling me to stick to the light hearted stuff :)

all i'm saying is, i think there's room for both.

having him be all adam west bat tusi, and all adam west grim and gruff isn't, too me, very fun. I like a little of both. but to be so single minded as to not even look past what he's doing and how he's doing it, that to me is rather eh.....

there are lots of people who only like the dark, grim, gritty stuff because it's dark grim and gritty. if that's what ya like, that's what ya like, but i do find liking all dark all grim a sad way to go. gotta have some levity :).

Even Nolan Batman new it was time to hang up the cowl before batman destroyed him and have some fun just being bruce. that's why I loved that he hooked up with catwoman in the cafeteria ;o) He learned to let go, something Batman : TAS bruce never did.

Wow....I didn't see it as that, but, uhm..ok..

All I meant on that was simple. If you like batman ONLY because he's dark and gritty, and there's no room for lighter stuff in that iteration, seems to me you don't like batman so much as you like dark and grim characters. telling me to sick only to the light side of a character is the opposite side of what you think i'm doing.

I happen to like characters well balanced. Piccolo from dragonball Z is awesome. he can go totally dark.. yet be completely embarrassed that he has his eyes closed in a wedding photo.

To me, that's an interesting character.

you also have characters like Roshi who can be so goofball and funny... and yet turn serious and get down to business in an instant.

But to say that batman should ALWAYS be dark and gritty ALL the time....to me is kind of sad.

But, if that's what you like, that's what you like. If I want to see him a little light hearted, that's what I'd like.
I like roshi he's a sex crazed old pervert !

My opinion they went to dark in BVS batman tries not to kill. They went motte Frank miller but even that batman was more violent BECAUSE he was old and could not fight like he used to.

I did like the Frank Miller like costume he had on when Superman killed him in the nightmare sequence .

I respect your opinion and agree with a lot maybe you don't hear how some of your comments sound , and I think that's sad !

See what I did there ?

Say a nice respectful thought and then right at the end give you the middle finger !

I'm sure that's not how you mean it but
" I think that's sad "
is condensing unless there is something ACTUALLY SAD !

Last edited:
In a lot of ways, I think Frank Miller was the worst thing to happen to Batman. Before Miller, there was a lot of wiggle room with Batman. A lot of different approaches.

But Miller set the bar for "dark" Batman and other than Joel Schumacher, it's the only direction anyone has tried since.

it's not meant to be. sometimes i'm just blunt :)
Yeah I know it

I personally use the mirror method .

Never ceases to amaze me how butt hurt people get when you treat them the same as they treat you.

That's how I know your a good fellow you didn't get all pissed at me lol !

I also realize my opinion on some subjects is completely insane too. So I try not to judge others too harshly .
Its just hard for me right now I need a " safe space" to " process " i thought the love for Captian America was dead not only is that back but now they basically switched his and Stark's political beliefs so I was ROOTING for him so confusing.

Then someone tells me wolverine should be less violent and Batman should not be so dark and moody .

I'm " Triggered"

AAAARRGHHHHH!!!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back