Westworld (HBO)

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

It really all came together tonight.

Had Westworld dreams a couple of nights ago! You know a show is in your head when your dreaming it at night!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's all starting to come together now.

Let me see if I got this right:

The church. It's part of the original town where they were training the new hosts before opening the park. Now known as the city swallowed by sand.
34-35 years ago Teddy flips out and kills everyone. Perhaps Deloris is part of this coup. Possibly programmed by Ford to assassinate Arnold since they aren't seeing eye to eye on things.
The city is buried by Ford shortly after Arnold's death.
It's been buried for more than 30 years now. But Ford's new narrative calls for a complete renovation of the town.
Now it's back to it's original form in pristine condition.

It's all starting to come together now.

Let me see if I got this right:

The church. It's part of the original town where they were training the new hosts before opening the park. Now known as the city swallowed by sand.
34-35 years ago Teddy flips out and kills everyone. Perhaps Deloris is part of this coup. Possibly programmed by Ford to assassinate Arnold since they aren't seeing eye to eye on things.
The city is buried by Ford shortly after Arnold's death.
It's been buried for more than 30 years now. But Ford's new narrative calls for a complete renovation of the town.
Now it's back to it's original form in pristine condition.

That's how I understand it as well.

I think we've been seeing three timelines.

The MiB timeline. (I view this as the present)
The William/Logan timeline. (30 years before present)
The Arnold/Dolores conversation timeline. (34-35 years before present)

I suppose it could be possible those Bernarnold/Dolores conversations could be from very early on after Bernard was made, but it doesn't seem like it. I keep thinking of that interview where Nolan said we'd never truly see Arnold, though, which is what makes me think there's a small chance these conversations are between Early Bernard and Dolores.

Either way, I've been satisfied with how the series has dealt with the mysteries. They're answering just enough questions while leaving others unsolved to give it a good pace. I'm wondering if we will get confirmation that MiB is William in this last episode. I feel like it's been all but confirmed...but I just keep wondering if they'll throw a curveball in there. I don't really know why, but I've been kind of wondering if MiB might ACTUALLY be Logan. Just a thought I had.

Elsie went to check out something uploading the parks info to Delos corp. This seems like something Ford would not want happening so why would he send Bernard to kill her?

Elsie went to check out something uploading the parks info to Delos corp. This seems like something Ford would not want happening so why would he send Bernard to kill her?

We don't know it was Ford that sent Bernard...we just know that Bernard attacked her.

I've been figuring that Arnold sent Bernard to do that. Elsie was, after all, looking at the coding that was getting broadcast that was apparently from Arnold.

Just watched e09... Holy cow!!

Where can it go from here?

Does Ford get voted out? Does he see that coming and will escape into his new narrative? Is it designed to protect him?
What's the deal with MiB and Dolores?

One thing I didn't like is when Logan cut Dolores and showed pistons/actuators.
Makes it hard to understand what's under the skin. I thought they were supposed to be like us in every way but one. Isn't that what the techs dealing with Maive said?

Makes it hard to understand what's under the skin. I thought they were supposed to be like us in every way but one. Isn't that what the techs dealing with Maive said?

That's the new models. The initial models were motorized robots inside. This was to further the idea that the Willaim/Logan scenes happened 35 years ago.

Only a handful of the original models still exist in the current timeline, and Dolores is the first model of the originals. Tech said she'd been repaired more times than any other host.

Did you catch the cue in the scene when William destroyed the entire group of army guys, all the mechanical arms and legs with robotics still twitching? Shows how long ago that timeline is playing out.

Current timeline model is nearly indistinguishable from human.

Hard to believe William could kill 20 or more guys including cutting legs off, without waking up anyone, including Logan, no matter how drunk.

Also since when do Bowie knives cut though metal?

There a bit of different between barbed wire and a knee joint.

- - - Updated - - -

Also another thought, if the hosts are there to be "shot or ****ed" wouldn't the old style ones feel a bit hard and lumpy during the latter, if they are full of gears and such?

There a bit of different between barbed wire and a knee joint.

- - - Updated - - -

Also another thought, if the hosts are there to be "shot or ****ed" wouldn't the old style ones feel a bit hard and lumpy during the latter, if they are full of gears and such?

I kind of wondered about the cutting of things myself...particularly the way it appeared that Logan quite literally stabbed Dolores, instead of just cutting her...then they showed the gears and stuff...I was like "Wouldn't the knife have just kind of hit those parts when he stabbed her?"

Then again, we are questioning the methods of killing robots in a park where bullets can kill robots, but don't really even hurt humans...so we are probably thinking about that too much.

As for the latter...sure, they're full of gears and stuff, but they're still covered in flesh...just like a human is filled with bones and muscles that can be quite solid, and covered in flesh, and we don't really think of our partners as "lumpy" for these reasons...in fact, it's the opposite...if we have a partner that has rock hard abs, we tend to view that as an impressive feat of physical fitness...the robots have rock hard abs without having to do a single crunch!!!!!!

In a separate note, it might be a good thing that season 2 is going to be a bit of a ways off.

I was reading tonight some stuff about "True Detective." That show was pretty awesome in it's first season, and the second season just wasn't nearly as good...I don't know if I'd say it was terrible, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first season and I didn't enjoy it at all. Anyway, while looking to see if there was any information on a third season, I found an article that mentioned that HBO basically took the blame for the second season being not up to the same level as the first.

Here's a quote from Michael Lombardo, who left HBO this year:

Michael Lombardo from HBO said:
When we tell somebody to hit an air date as opposed to allowing the writing to find its own natural resting place, when it’s ready, when it’s baked — we’ve failed. And I think in this particular case, the first season of True Detective was something that Nic Pizzolatto had been thinking about, gestating, for a long period of time. He’s a soulful writer. I think what we did was go, ‘Great.’ And I take the blame. I became too much of a network executive at that point. We had huge success. ‘Gee, I’d love to repeat that next year.’

Well, you know what? I set him up. To deliver, in a very short time frame, something that became very challenging to deliver. That’s not what that show is. He had to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. Find his muse. And so I think that’s what I learned from it. Don’t do that anymore.

So, basically, HBO learned that when they tell someone to make sure something is ready by a certain date in order to get it's second season in, that maybe they won't get the same quality as what they were hoping for.

I'm wondering if, even with Lombardo moving on, the powers that be at HBO have taken some of what they learned about "True Detective" and are applying it to "Westworld." We all know that the show took a LOOONG time to end up with this first season, so maybe they have realized what a hit they have on their hands, and they aren't really interested in pressing the issue and ending up with a second season that doesn't live up to this first. One would hope that based on the success of the show thus far, HBO will basically greenlight more than just the next season, so that the showrunners can know that they've got several seasons that they get to work towards...so maybe the wait to 2018 for season two will mean we won't have to wait as long after that for a season 3, and so on.

You can read the little article that talks about this here if you like, it's just a single page:
http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-2-Failed-According-HBO-President-109447.html

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back