Nintendo is releasing a miniature NES with 30 built-in games

Everyone's waiting, Amazon's supposed to email me but i keep the page open and refresh once and hour just in case lol

I was wondering that too, it's freaking identical to the 3 i have here at the house. I stopped buying them as every year it's the same 80 games, it's that way with the handheld too. Maybe they put a sd card slot in it? It's the 25th Anniversary of sonic so maybe that has something to do with it but it looks the same to me. The sd card slot would be good, the handheld has it so you can add more games and it runs and emulator. The one thing the sega has over nintendo is you can use your old genesis carts in the thing.

Edit: @Moviefreak They updated that link you posted and admitted they'd been fooled, it is the same system that's out there already.

Todays "journalists" have no idea what research means ;)

Exactly what I was thinking. If these sell well (which they will) I expect a series of them, then maybe progress to SNES minis.

I'm still hoping Intellivision gets some follow up mini's.

Intellivision? Never heard of :confused :lol
But yeah, the more retro gaming machines coming back the better

This will do very well at the cottage.

We still have the old one up there and it still works. I fire up mario 2 about once a year

Yeah i'm keeping an eye out for another intellivision and collecovision mini system like the ones I got least year. I need to get the rest of the Atari flashbacks.

A lot of people online are saying this SEGA thing is the same console that's been out for a while just with different packaging. They're trying to make some more sales after Nintendo announced their retro console.

The worst part is it sounds like sega's jacking up the price on the thing. It's the same one they put out every christmas at dollar stores and TRU for 40.00 or so. They just change the box, i ended up with 2 different ones only to realize the games never change. In fact they're the exact same games built into the hand held genesis they sell but at least it has an sd slot and will play roms.

I got one! So happy :D

20161111_095227.jpg

Must be nice. Amazon sold mine out of my cart right as i was going to verify. They're getting hit so hard with negative feedback that it's at 2 stars with nearly 350 reviews and the item page now is a 500 internal error message. This is going to hurt amazon and nintendo's reputations.

Everyone in my area was sold out instantly (i suspect that some didn't sell them at all... Just went strait from the loading dock to the managers ebay page).

Then I also tried the Amazon route. Kept refreshing, it was bugged, then started saying sold out 8 minutes after it had gone on sale.

I hate when companies do this crap.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back