Anovos not giving refunds only store credit

Perhaps I misunderstand the issue other people are taking, but I do empathize with this Allan's post. I can see how he can feel that way and honestly it does stink getting the run around. I know on our side we are working hard, day and night, to turn costumer service around, but as with all things, it takes time ... And time that may not fit in other people's expectations. So, for now, I get Allan has to go and I empathize. We are trying our best and in time, should he want to give us another round to Earn his trust, we welcome the opportunity to "wow" one more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps I misunderstand the issue other people are taking, but I do empathize with this Allan's post. I can see how he can feel that way and honestly it does stink getting the run around. I know on our side we are working hard, day and night, to turn costumer service around, but as with all things, it takes time ... And time that may not fit in other people's expectations. So, for now, I get Allan has to go and I empathize. We are trying our best and in time, should he want to give us another round to Earn his trust, we welcome the opportunity to "wow" one more time.

I was taken aback by your dismissive nature when posting "good bye". To me it made it sound like you didn't care about doing right by your customers.

I just thought that a company would want to fix their blunder as soon as they could. My kit did finally ship on Friday. I guess my expectations were too high. Hopefully this one will be a Shadow Trooper kit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sorry about that~ dismissive wasn't what I was going for and think that got lost in translation. Anyhow, please do update when you get your kit.

Sorry about that~ dismissive wasn't what I was going for and think that got lost in translation. Anyhow, please do update when you get your kit.

"Lost in translation"....funny how you can reply to this thread to try and save face from your company's mistakes....but you won't follow up on promises made in person to ME at CE to rectify the mistakes again made by your company/staff...and you won't even reply to my sent PM. That's poor! Very poor service!

"Lost in translation"....funny how you can reply to this thread to try and save face from your company's mistakes....but you won't follow up on promises made in person to ME at CE to rectify the mistakes again made by your company/staff...and you won't even reply to my sent PM. That's poor! Very poor service!

I spoke to the team about your account and I can see both sides of the spectrum... But it all stems from one major issue we've had with international- cost of shipping. I actually have a pretty awesome solution that will save money across the board and can email it to you -/ it just came together last week. It's a solution that will effect our European partners.

I spoke to the team about your account and I can see both sides of the spectrum... But it all stems from one major issue we've had with international- cost of shipping. I actually have a pretty awesome solution that will save money across the board and can email it to you -/ it just came together last week. It's a solution that will effect our European partners.

You must have me mixed up with someone else?

I have had a TFA standard helmet with defects for over 9 months. I have had numerous open tickets to try and sort this out. I was told that I was on a list to receive a returns label that then changed some months later and I was asked to destroy the helmet and provide you pictures to prove that the helmet was in pieces. I refused this action. I started a charge back with my credit card company to recover the monies. It appears your company didn't appreciate that action and closed my Anovos account and cancelled all 3 of my pre- orders (2x TK helmet kit's and Shadow trooper kit with completed helmet) without me asking!!

I know the shipping cost is a factor in all of this as your company didn't want to incur the cost of picking up the helmet with the defects but come on. You yourself said it wasn't right for the customer service staff to act the way they did.

Why has it taken this long for you to get in touch with me!

You must have me mixed up with someone else?

I have had a TFA standard helmet with defects for over 9 months. I have had numerous open tickets to try and sort this out. I was told that I was on a list to receive a returns label that then changed some months later and I was asked to destroy the helmet and provide you pictures to prove that the helmet was in pieces. I refused this action. I started a charge back with my credit card company to recover the monies. It appears your company didn't appreciate that action and closed my Anovos account and cancelled all 3 of my pre- orders (2x TK helmet kit's and Shadow trooper kit with completed helmet) without me asking!!

I know the shipping cost is a factor in all of this as your company didn't want to incur the cost of picking up the helmet with the defects but come on. You yourself said it wasn't right for the customer service staff to act the way they did.

Why has it taken this long for you to get in touch with me!

I am familiar with who you are but As I stated when we spoke I needed to fully understand all sides of the story and have since then understood both sides. As I said, I will communicate with you direct .

I am familiar with who you are but As I stated when we spoke I needed to fully understand all sides of the story and have since then understood both sides. As I said, I will communicate with you direct .

I sincerely hope you do communicate with me direct....I look forward to it's arrival.

I believe there are good few people who have witnessed bad service from Anovos.
Not only are some (not all) items grossly over priced, but also I've witnessed a very poor customer service and a quality control system that is hit and miss at best.
I'm not surprised people get a little upset.
I too had a similar situation with a TFA helmet that took 8 months to resolve.
I suggest Anovos should get there quality control, costumer service and production times right before offering and sending out more overpriced, damaged goods to costumers.

Not only are some (not all) items grossly over priced, but also I've witnessed a very poor customer service and a quality control system that is hit and miss at best.
I suggest Anovos should get there quality control, costumer service and production times right before offering and sending out more overpriced, damaged goods to costumers.

on the customer end, it just reads as more excuses.....

I think Darth will be my last anovos order. i'm running out of space for more stuff anyway. it'll be interesting to see what comes first. Darth, or my kitt electronics i've been waitingi just as long for and where just as expensive.

And this is why I never had interest in pre-ordering a proton pack kit lol. From misleading pre-order pics in March, to 6 months later with no kit pictures or part rundown, to this nonsense. No way in hell. "Shipping estimated to begin by November 2016" lol got my popcorn ready

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't speak about bad service as that hasn't been my experience but I do have an opinion regarding your comment "grossly overpriced".
I have heard people say the same about Roddenberry back when they had prop kits. I disagreed then and I disagree now.

The kits Roddenberry sold were made by the same shop that made them for the studio, I gladly paid their prices and would have continued
buying had they continued to stock kits.

For Anovos, I've seen what goes into a hero costume. My Mother-in-Law made my Nemesis Admirals costume and it was a lot of work. The fabric
came from the Fabric Czar in NY and is superb in feel, the quality is some of the best and it looks exact to what I wanted but it was also very expensive.

I could devote the time, money and resources to making costumes like those sold by Anovos but I doubt the result would be any better so I am happy
to buy theirs knowing I saved time and money in the long run.

I really have no problem with the prices they charge, as USS Endeav said the prices were pretty much in line with what Roddenberry used to charge for kits and electronics, I just had no interest in the Star Trek Beyond Phaser they were offering. Now if they had offered a TOS, First Contact or Nemesis Phaser that would be a different story. I still would not pre-order anything where I actually had to pay in some money to any company. Even though they are long out of business I much preferred the way Master Replica's did business in that you could pre-order something but they didn't charge you for it until they were ready for delivery. So even though there were some long delays on items you were not out any money until it was actually done.

I can say without hesitation that we stand by our golden refund policy and still do not waver from this.

After waiting well over a year for my Premier Line Imperial Officer costume to be delivered I submitted an Order Cancellation Request to Anovos (the delivery date was originally listed as being July 2015). The automated response I received assured me I'd be hearing back "within due course," whatever that means. It remains to be seen if Anovos will do the right thing and issue a full refund for an item they have been unable to deliver as promised. Needles to say I'll be monitoring this thread with interest, and will post an update if and when I receive (or fail to receive) a refund. For obvious reasons I am not interested in store credit. I want my $1,285.00 back.

After waiting well over a year for my Premier Line Imperial Officer costume to be delivered I submitted an Order Cancellation Request to Anovos (the delivery date was originally listed as being July 2015). The automated response I received assured me I'd be hearing back "within due course," whatever that means. It remains to be seen if Anovos will do the right thing and issue a full refund for an item they have been unable to deliver as promised. Needles to say I'll be monitoring this thread with interest, and will post an update if and when I receive (or fail to receive) a refund. For obvious reasons I am not interested in store credit. I want my $1,285.00 back.

when it doesn't seem like you have many, if any places to order a full suit from,

at this point i'm willing to wait a little longer.

But not much longer. I think the three year mark even I will give up hope.
one way or another, I will get my $2K back OR a suit. rest assured, anovos. that's a promise :)

I think the three year mark even I will give up hope.

You're a more patient man than I. A year is my limit. And it's a shame. I've purchased many items from Anovos in the past, with never a problem. I'd hoped to be able to continue purchasing items from them in the future, but that will depend on how they respond to my request for a refund in this instance. It's a very clear-cut case; I ordered an item well over a year ago, and now, over a year past the expected shipping date, they have still been unable to deliver the goods. They have failed to produce the item I paid for, thus my request for a refund. Couldn't be simpler.

when it doesn't seem like you have many, if any places to order a full suit from,

at this point i'm willing to wait a little longer.

But not much longer. I think the three year mark even I will give up hope.
one way or another, I will get my $2K back OR a suit. rest assured, anovos. that's a promise :)

There are lots of places you can have an accurate Officer uniform made, custom tailored to your size, for around $500. You'd need to add the accessories to that, but it still puts you nowhere near the Premiere line price, AND it's custom tailored for you instead of S/M/L/XL stock sizes.

As for Anovos, I'm still a fan of their products (mostly), but I won't be participating in their pre-order scenarios anymore. I'll wait until they have product in stock before ordering anything from them.

There are lots of places you can have an accurate Officer uniform made, custom tailored to your size, for around $500. You'd need to add the accessories to that, but it still puts you nowhere near the Premiere line price, AND it's custom tailored for you instead of S/M/L/XL stock sizes.

As for Anovos, I'm still a fan of their products (mostly), but I won't be participating in their pre-order scenarios anymore. I'll wait until they have product in stock before ordering anything from them.

whoops, should have clarified i was talking about the vader suit ;o)...

whoops, should have clarified i was talking about the vader suit ;o)...

Ah, ok, gotcha. I guess I should have directed my comment at Carson, then. :)

There ARE places to get Vader suits, of course, but it's not one of the easier things to assemble...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back