Rebels Agent Kallus ABS scratch build

Some progress today :)
Rank bar dimensioned, awaiting clear 1/8 inch thick lexan. for the clear square between the blue and red. I did some quick research , cannot find any info on clear, grey or white color squares regarding rank) it appears clear to me.

Also paying homage to KWD and working with his Imperial Combat Driver, (A.K.A. Taxi Driver **Wally**) I used the same design he did in fabricating a belt buckle that covers a standard Tandy Blank belt buckle.

And again thanks Kevin for the design idea, I made some boot covers, close to those designed on the "combat Driver" but slightly thinner. not sure if I should continue with this or wait to see if the approve a boot. but I made a quick mold to see..

it is feasible, and looks ok with TK boots, maybe a more accurate shoe/boot choice ...I will look into it.
I guess, it's time to order a rifle , a cosplay sky uniform,, a strawberry blonde wig and some just for men for the beard :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris. I've seen it the same, white, and clear...I tried to find info on imperial rank, and this guy, fits no category... Closest to Marine captain..

Thanks Chris. I've seen it the same, white, and clear...I tried to find info on imperial rank, and this guy, fits no category... Closest to Marine captain..

Yea and season 2 is going to be it's own rank. I'm not sure that filoni or the designers are following any pattern. Perhaps the ISP have their own rank structure that's not really established.

That's my take on it. Even then, I haven't seen any other rank in the series that was clearly suppose to be translucent/clear in nature.

I noticed, he either got promoted/demoted ( two yellow ) I did see sector security rank in my search....it is yellow-ish...but not sure how official that is.
Either way, I'm going to stick with your magnetic rank bar idea and maybe talk to tigg, to see if he can do a custom rank.

I noticed, he either got promoted/demoted ( two yellow ) I did see sector security rank in my search....it is yellow-ish...but not sure how official that is.
Either way, I'm going to stick with your magnetic rank bar idea and maybe talk to tigg, to see if he can do a custom rank.

Crap, he asked me to get dimensions of the rank awhile back on facebook....

Are you looking to have him make movie-style rank? He did a set that way for my buddy I built it for.
Movie style would be..standard rank size correct? I asked for custom scaled size...if he can, and hope if at all possible to have opaque color blocks.

Plan on using it for the armor. Is that a problem? Standard rank too small and was told to "scale" to fit. As well as match the spacing config.

Plan on using it for the armor. Is that a problem? Standard rank too small and was told to "scale" to fit. As well as match the spacing config.

Well, to be honest, it wouldn't be accurate for the style of the armor to use the same tiles. Being animated, it's very basic as such other details are.

f4LpbHL.png

This is assuming you're planning to go for 501st approval, of course. We've still got details on my friend's that we're redoing for accuracy among the issues he was denied for, so it's a learning process. I figure that the legion has approved animated clones, we've gotta follow down that same path of costume design, hence, not combining "movie"/real world" with the animated. My friend did get a "movie" style rank bar from tigg but we agreed that for costuming purposes and accuracy, it wouldn't work for an animated character

Please take this as constructive criticism though. My build is by no means perfect, there are flaws.

As Ian the detachment leader of ACD loved to remind me on the Imperial combat Driver and the ITT (lucky to work through these two costumes)

...Ian ALWAYS took joy in reminding me..."with animated characters THERE IS NO SPOON NEO" meaning if you have a screen grab to support your build.. and it looks like the character it's right.
The spacing on this character's rank bar is not standard, maybe because he's not a standard rank character... no rank implied.
what I've found in my reference is...the rank color tabs are 1/8" apart between them and on the ends it appears to be 3/16" off from the regular rank layout. as well as the opaque appearance and, a clear block in the middle season one.
I understand you are helping your friend through, and I can't wait to see him approved, I think you guys Nailed it!! he really looks good :) I believe it will be a while before a CRL is finished, as the show goes on it will be tweaked I'm sure as with the "Combat Drivers".
No way do I take offense to any feed back...you've been a great sounding board, and have given me some awesome ideas...thank you.

upon further review...took some screenies tonight, yes sir it is grey :) right on the money. In my defense I have seen other colors...clear for sure and white I also compared the rank spacing to an admiral in the episode I watched ..and his rank bar does appear to comply with the standard...Kallus's does not ... size or spacing.

Oh and look at this cool pistol :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back