Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Or even better if the UN was holding up sending the Avengers with red tape.

PS - If Fitz/Simmons get killed I'm done.
They made a big deal of Mack getting a cross and then at the end they showed one floating. A misdirection or are they assuming we will think it is misdirection and really are killing him?

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

In Cpt America Civil War we learned of Joint Counter Terrorism Center's existence. Did they pretty much replace S.H.I.E.L.D in terms of working with Avengers?

They made a big deal of Mack getting a cross and then at the end they showed one floating. A misdirection or are they assuming we will think it is misdirection and really are killing him?

I was thinking that, at first, but in the episode preview, it looked like Fitz had either the cross, or another cross, so I don't think it's enough to go on.

I think it is worth noting, though, that there's been none of the usual "someone will leave forever" or "who won't survive?" advertising that we'd usually be getting from a show if someone was going to die.

That's the problem with doing a show like this. A problem like Hive would almost call for the Avengers or at least one of them to go handle it. Heck send Thor in there. It's like in the Avengers movie when New York is under attack, but Spidey is absent.

Coulson should just call in for some of the Avengers particularly Team Iron Man...even if it though a messenger. Problem solved.

Slight derail: Now that ABC is not moving forward with Most Wanted, could we see Bobbi and Hunter somehow come back? I think I would prefer it become another Netflix show.

"The pilot had been getting mixed reviews, so the ABC Logodecision is not entirely surprising."
- deadline.com

Suspicions confirmed. Adrienne Palacki does not Pilot well.*

*Text to be darkened

Slight derail: Now that ABC is not moving forward with Most Wanted, could we see Bobbi and Hunter somehow come back? I think I would prefer it become another Netflix show.

I wouldn't rule it out, but I kind of hope not, not as series regulars at least. The cast is large enough as it is and when Bobbi & Hunter were on I thought it was a bit too large and kind of lost focus and character development suffered a bit. I think that it were to bring them back it would be as recurring characters who works as independent contractors for SHIELD and not as full members.

Agents of SHIELD Star Says Marvel Doesn't Care Enough About Its Own TV Show

Being a fan of the MCU, this kind of sucks. With the breakup of those in charge of the Marvel movies, you think this will only widen the gap in how the movies and other non-movie entities are connected? I know that expecting TV characters to appear in the movies is a long shot, but it now feels like that not even the movie characters can't be in the shows. This is just a bummer man.

Yeah, that really does suck. The whole point of Marvel was the inter-connectivety of the MCU. If you can't do that all the way around, then just don't do the TV shows. I mean, I love AoS and Daredevil and all that, and don't want them to go away, but it's like they aren't even trying to connect these two mediums.

I guarantee that if they wanted to, they could make it work.

Damn, the loved jerking us around the season finale. Oh this agent will die, oh no this one, oh no someone else, by the 1.75 hour mark I was just like, 'kill someone already!' But I guess Ward absolutely didn't get his redemption too ;)

Damn, the loved jerking us around the season finale. Oh this agent will die, oh no this one, oh no someone else, by the 1.75 hour mark I was just like, 'kill someone already!' But I guess Ward absolutely didn't get his redemption too ;)

Just tell me his dead and we won't see him or any other version of him ever again.

I don't buy their argument that the two sides don't know what's going on. Obviously, the AoS team is given info on the movies, so that they can integrate the movies' story into the show. You can't tell me that the script is 100% finished and unchangeable at that point, so that the AoS team can't say "okay, this is what we'll do," so that they can integrate it.

And if they're worried about "requiring" people to follow the show, it would also be really easy to make it a vague reference (unlike how AoS has to integrate the plot so much that you're either spoiled for the movie, or have no clue what's going on in the show).

Off the top of my head, the Age of Ultron and Civil War would have been really easy to integrate:

Age of Ultron
AoU was during AoS's season 2, which had 2 main plotlines; the fallout of the fight with Hydra/the reforming of SHIELD under Coulson, and the Inhumans storyline. IIRC, when AoU was released, it was into the Inhumans storyline, but they made a point of finding where the Scepter was being kept, and getting the Helecarrier ready in the episode before that. There was a slight mention that "a friend" (IIRC) had gotten the Helecarrier out of mothballs for Fury, but at the beginning, they could have also had an off-hand conversation with Hill along the lines of "how did you know the Scepter was at this base? We've been searching for months?" "I'm sorry, that information is confidential," instead of the movie implying that this was the last base they hadn't hit yet, even though AoS made it clear that Coulson was the source.

Civil War
We know in AoS that Talbot is trying to enforce the Sokovia Accords with the Inhumans/Coulson's team. We also know that Inhumans are becoming widely known in the world at large. There are 2 spots that could have referenced AoS in Civil War, without knowing anything about the actual events of AoS. I'll put each of these under spoilers, in case someone hasn't seen the movie:
When Ross is first introducing the Accords to the Avengers, someone could make an off-hand comment about "how will you enforce it with all of the enhanced people who have been showing up all over the world?" and Ross's reply would be "General Talbot is taking care of that." That would also tie nicely into the next AoS episode
The second would be with Peter, with either him denying or Tony asking if his abilities were a result of the "epidemic" of Inhumans
Even if someone doesn't watch the show, those two off-hand comments wouldn't be all "OMG, I don't know what's going on because I don't watch that show!"

As for the Netflix series... I've only actually watched DD season 1, and it's on such a relatively small scale that I think it works not having mention in the movies. I mean, Hell's Kitchen is supposed to be a horrible place that most people turn a blind eye. The most reference (at least for DD season 1) that I could see in a movie would be an off-hand reference to "some weirdo in a costume's trying to clean the place up."

Coulson gets all the best lines. At least for me. "Help me Obi Wan..."
Now to wait for questions to be answered.
1. Who is the new director? I can't see it being Talbot and they can't afford Samuel Jackson on a weekly basis. May? A new character?
2. So AoS will be the first with an actual life model decoy. Will it go Ultron on them, be like Edi from Mass Effect, or just another character?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back