New alternative for Solo Blaster

Any one who knows how to strip the paint with out having to sand it all.
So far I've tried acetone, oven cleaner and industrial paint stripper to no avail. Pre sanding before applying didn't make any difference. I think it might be som kind of powder coating.
Well if you have the means; you could sand blast it. Just watch the air pressure.

I do have access to a sand blaster, I was just hoping that there was some thing that could do the job here at home. I've sanded more than my fair share of painted metal :)

If blasting, make sure you use the right media, walnut shells, or soda blasting might be more gentle and forgiving.

That aircraft remover looks efficient. It's not available here I Denmark so it's elbow grease or sandblasting. Not sure they have walnut shells or soda, I'll have to check. Thanks for the tips guys [emoji106]

I also found it on Amazon, but they don't ship it to Denmark.
Sorry Friend. Maybe you could contact the manufacture, and see if they could ship directly from them.

Have any of the orders from Evike been fulfilled yet? I'm getting antsy. I ordered in November!

I just got my notice email that it was shipped about 8:00 tonight (time as of this post). If you ordered yours in November, I'd give them a call. I ordered mine on January 6th. I have been the squeeky wheel that got greased.

The biggest thing I'm going to do is try to add a tracer unit. I bought glow in the dark bbs just in case I can get it to work. Other than that I might do a little weathering and swap out the heat sink for an accurately sized part.

Oh, I'm putting in a Blaster Core with light. It's "MY" DL 44 so screen accuracy isn't an issue. So I'm putting in a Shot Counter in that Stock Slot, maybe behind some black transparent milar.

I preordered in Nov and received a shipping notification earlier this week. I picked it up today and I'm pretty impressed. Here is an album of pics I took, to share with everyone.

It weighs in at 2 lbs 11 oz. The other blaster in one of the pics is a resin replica made by Geekling Creations on Etsy. That one I use for costuming. This one from Evike will be for display.

Enjoy the pics! http://imgur.com/a/Q68Sl

IQ8FavK.jpg

How did I miss this thread all this time? I saw it last night and immediately ordered one. For the price, I think it looks amazing!
Thanks for the pics @Khazara, does it normally take 3 months to arrive from ordering? Nov to Feb seems a long time.

Has anyone found suitable replacement wood grips that fit?

does it normally take 3 months to arrive from ordering? Nov to Feb seems a long time.

This was a preorder they put up in Nov. Delivery was initially expected for Jan then got pushed back to Feb. I doubt it'll be 3 mo delivery time going forward, the product page currently lists it as a preorder with Feb delivery.

I got mine today, if anyone comes up with a trigger switch option for electronics, let me know. At first glance I don't see a solution.

Edit: Upon further inspiration, there is no way it can be moded to electronics. Oh well, airsoft it is.

Last edited:
How about some pictures? I'm still on the fence about this. I love airsoft, but electronics are great too. I've considered the 3D printed version by Master Blaster.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back