Pilerud's cosplay's Alien xenomorph costume build

I'm not so active on the forum, but I want to share the experiences from my build in whatever help it can be to fellow builders. My downloadable file is continuously updated for every major modification I make. Read and watch EVERYTHING in it thoroughly before asking questions, please. And remember, I am no expert and can't answer everything, but I try my best to help out. With that said, I wish everyone the best of luck, and hope this helps and inspires to make more xenomorphs around the world!

pileruds_xenomorph.jpg

I scratchbuilt this alien xenomorph costume as a fan. Based on the appearance in the first Alien film from 1979.
It was first used at The Scandinavian Sci-fi, Game & Film Convention 2014 in Gothenburg, Sweden. (It has since then been improved.)

Videos:
Playlist with videos of the costume in action

Facebook page:
facebook.com/PilerudsCosplay

Suggestions and templates/blueprints:
Download hundreds of pictures from the build. And some of my own blueprints made for specific details. Not a complete tutorial, but alot of help in construction. All the things I figured out for myself, I give to the public to use. I update this file from time to time, so downloading it again at a later time gives you more pictures, information, and so on.

Download pictures and building suggestions from my build here
(Updated 2017-03-18. About 2 GB, so be patient if download takes a while. And if it fails, just try again.)

Info:
About 320 hours in the making.

Height in costume: About 192 cm.

Method: Mainly foam, styrofoam and found items. The base for the body is a morph suit.

Cost of materials: At the present about 1500€.

Getting dressed takes about 10-15 minutes.

I don't do commissions on this costume.

Last edited:
Re: Alien xenomorph costume build

The download (link in the first post) has been uppdated with pictures of the new shoes and "muscles" I made to improve the costume.

I download the file two times but when unzip shows an error and do not able to saw the archives .Could you help me , i Wonder make xenomorth costume.

I download the file two times but when unzip shows an error and do not able to saw the archives .Could you help me , i Wonder make xenomorth costume.

The download was probably not complete. The file is 2.06 GB. Check the size of your downloaded file. I downloaded it myself just now to try, without any problems. Please try again.

The download was probably not complete. The file is 2.06 GB. Check the size of your downloaded file. I downloaded it myself just now to try, without any problems. Please try again.
Thanks for your attention i download again,and now everything is ok

in this pic from your facebook page, how did you get the spandex to look so smooth and metallic? did you just paint it?
edit: i put the arrows in btw
alien suit.jpg

i have had these files for a while now when i first found your videos on youtube almost 2 years ago. have been slowly collecting the parts needed. have most of them for the head. but this will have to come after my star wars projects.

i have had these files for a while now when i first found your videos on youtube almost 2 years ago. have been slowly collecting the parts needed. have most of them for the head. but this will have to come after my star wars projects.
Good luck!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back