Captian Cardboard, aka Scott Alexander...

Jkirkon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone know if he is still alive??!!

He owes me a kit, and stopped what little communication dialogue we had.

Am I SOL?

I know he owes at least one other member here a kit too. I hate to think that such a well known guy is running off with people's money without delivering merchandise.

Scott is very much alive and doing pretty well by the sound of his voice on the phone. A couple weeks back I sent him money for a Studio Scale EVA pod and he got the kit to me in under a week. I was hesitant to send him payment based on his history but he assured me he had the kit cast up and ready to go.

Yep, I knew he had a stroke awhile back. Yep, I knew he was recovering, however I bought the kit well AFTER his stroke. He kept up somewhat faint communication up until a couple of weeks ago, when he told me it would ship...and never did.

No, it doesn't make me feel better.

i do wish him a speedy and complete recovery, but would like a little update on an expected ship date. I don't feel that's too much to ask.

edited to add: Scott received payment from me 10/16. He told me the kit was going to ship 2-3 days beyond that. Never did. He told me 2 weeks ago it would ship that Friday. No joy.

I am quite sure he is a stand up guy, but after a couple of delays, then going dark on communication, I have to be somewhat concerned. Anyone would.

Having had dealings with Scott in the past - he's never not delivered for me... but yes I did wait longer than promised. and Yes I was very happy with the delivered kits...

I have no real advice for you... just a historical perspective on my experiences.

Jedi Dade

I do have an Orion Clipper I ordered pretty early on, and I had spotty updates by email prior to the health issues, but given the circumstance I happy to wait.

You could probably contact our member @steve_neill, IIRC he is good friends with Scott.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott says he's going to ship today and provide me with a tracking number. I'll report back if he follows through.

I paid in full for an Aries-1B and Orion Clipper and I simply can't wait any longer. I need my money back NOW!
Is Scott issuing refunds, or am I screwed?

He has refunded some Atomic City members in the past (going by the msgs on his board) and after 13 years waiting for my kit, I've ask him, several months ago, to refund my $300 and I've even accepted a payment plan (3 payments of $100 each and no deadline for said payments...I know, I'm a very patient man and there's still no activity in my PayPal account). Now the question is: should he be banned?
Obviously, sales are an issue here. It looks almost like a Pyramid scheme: get money from clients to refund others or to pay for supply that he doesn't have (aren't those included/factored into the price of the kit?:behave) I'm afraid that I will never get refunded.

I hope he's recovering well for his own sake.

I also am owed a big Discovery model for 16 years now. It was very expensive for me, and with his business set up I'm pretty sure he can't pay me back. At this point I hope I get something out of it before I die.

I hope he's recovering well for his own sake.

I also am owed a big Discovery model for 16 years now. It was very expensive for me, and with his business set up I'm pretty sure he can't pay me back. At this point I hope I get something out of it before I die.

16 YEARS??!!! Wow! Mind blowing.

How long has it been since he has communicated with you about the kit?

Yeah, I gave him money for it in 2000. I took out a loan for it. When it looked like it would be awesome to get a 2001 model by 2001. It's to be a finished model. He's a perfectionist and never seems to be done working on it to get it all correct. We communicate every few months. I'm still hoping for the best for him and my situation!

PS: I feel really burnt out dealing with this over the years. I'd just like the model or a refund. But money is always an issue, so I'm hoping for an awesome model.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back