Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

I always hated the gimmick stuff when I was a kid. I wanted my toys to be the same scale and posable. I wanted tons of vehicles of different sizes. I wanted playsets.

In all honesty, 3 3/4 was even a bit big for me. I would have been fine with 2" figures so that the vehicles could have had way more accuracy and options.

You mean like M.A.S.K.? :)

--Jonah

You mean like M.A.S.K.? :)

--Jonah
Mask was good. I really liked the figure size for starcom

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/starcom/starcom.html

And in all honesty, I think I liked my micro collection stuff even better than the 3 3/4 line. They weren't posable figures, but the playsets were amazing.

But truthfully, g.i. Joe was probably the greatest toyline. They didn't shy away from making well-stacked, MASSIVE vehicles.

I feel like Hasbro is spending so much on variant merch that they've ignored the action figure line. No one needs a 30" stormtrooper.

Sure, a 6" scaled TIE is cool, but what's the point if it's the only ship in that scale.

And what about that horrible 3 3/4 falcon? That's the worst falcon toy ever made. Who's designing this garbage?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

image-47.jpegLove this new photo from EMPIRE magazine. http://makingstarwars.net/2016/08/new-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-images-surface/

How bada$$ is the Director?
Dude is coming on to your Command bridge of capital ship with dual bodyguards known as Death Troopers. And he doesn't give a F.
We haven't even heard him interact or speak in any footage.
How's he deal w/Tarkin, let alone Vader?
Here's hoping for some Imperial focus if we get another trailer.

I always hated the gimmick stuff when I was a kid. I wanted my toys to be the same scale and posable. I wanted tons of vehicles of different sizes. I wanted playsets.

I'm the same was and always was. Even as a young boy back in the 70s I could never understand why my Star Wars toy spaceships looked nothing like the models in the movie. Those first toy X-wings and TIE fighters looked horrible and even as a kid I resented it.

I'm the same was and always was. Even as a young boy back in the 70s I could never understand why my Star Wars toy spaceships looked nothing like the models in the movie. Those first toy X-wings and TIE fighters looked horrible and even as a kid I resented it.
On the whole, I though star wars did pretty good. Obviously the falcon and the star destroyer were fails. But everything else was pretty good. Gi joe had obiously learned a lot because their vehicles were incredible.

It's too bad that Kenner didn't make a star destroyer the same way that GI joe made the 7' flagg.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Me too. My first X-wing toy 1978 was totally out of scale and it bugged me. But the AMT models were great so I built those instead.

in a way, I can thank Kenner. I was so dissatisfied with toys, I learned to build models so I'd have more accurate "toys".

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
That is exactly why I do this! I did a bunch of amt models in college and was so disappointed, they went in the trash.

It wasn't until 2006 or so when I stumbled upon resin illuminate that i realize that yes...there is a better way

I saw a great documentary on Kenner star wars recently. It was pretty cool. It was called plastic galaxy

I saw a great documentary on Kenner star wars recently. It was pretty cool. It was called plastic galaxy

Karl Tate aka Phase Pistol to the phone, please. Karl Tate, please! Anyone know how to mention members who have spaces in their user names?

Karl Tate aka Phase Pistol to the phone, please. Karl Tate, please! Anyone know how to mention members who have spaces in their user names?
One of our own was part of that?

I loved it. Someday I would love to see a documentary about the 1982 law, opening up the children's programming market to advertisers. There's a real generational story to be told there.

Regarding the bridge pic, from looking at the comparison pic they have done a fantastic job replicating it! The movie may suck, I dunno, but that makes me geek out. Now from what we see, all SD bridges seem to basically follow the same layout but I wonder what the likelihood is that this is the Executor? I think the old canon says Vader didn't get it until after Yavin but I assume all that is out the window.

Regarding the bridge pic, from looking at the comparison pic they have done a fantastic job replicating it! The movie may suck, I dunno, but that makes me geek out. Now from what we see, all SD bridges seem to basically follow the same layout but I wonder what the likelihood is that this is the Executor? I think the old canon says Vader didn't get it until after Yavin but I assume all that is out the window.

The inner radii of the single bulkheads are too small, so I guess it´s a different ship.

:D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

I can't believe I didn't notice!!!

Leeeet the nitpickings begiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Our 3D photogrammetry guys are going to have several field trips there, I guess ...

But I guess everyone´s right, it may be the Executor after all ...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back