Transformers: Age of Extinction (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Transformers: Age of Extinction movie discussion with spoilers.

You can find the pre-release discussion thread here.

Release Date: June 27, 2014.

Synopsis: An automobile mechanic and his daughter make a discovery that brings down the Autobots - and a paranoid government official - on them.

Director: Michael Bay
Writer: Ehren Kruger
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Titus Welliver, Sophia Myles, Bingbing Li, T.J. Miller. Voices: Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, John Goodman, Ken Watanabe, Robert Foxworth, John DiMaggio, Mark Ryan, Reno Wilson

IMDB: Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014) - IMDb

transformers-age-of-extinction-poster-570x889.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DOTM was A MESS, ROTF was a hot mess, but since it was during the writer's strike...meh

I see action is the whole point of these and I know it's not Shakespeare, but as action sequences go, this movie better up the ante.

Just got back from watching Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Some areas of the film have improvements over the previous entries, the human characters are a bit better than the previous cast. Stanley Tucci is about the best, and actually has a pretty good character arc. Kelsey Grammer is pretty good, Mark Whalberg is just ok. The new autobots and new villains are pretty good. The Michael Bay humor is still present, but more restrained and less obnoxious than usual.

Problems with the film? Yes there is, it's way too long, and by the time it got to the action set pieces at the end I was already pretty drained. The dinobots don't have enough screentime.

Overall if you enjoyed at least one or two of the previous films you might like it, but this movie won't be winning over anyone that hated the first three movies.

Shadow345: You should change your avatar into Optimus riding Grimlock :lol

I couldn't believe who is doing a small cameo in TF4, but the rumors are true, that another Hasbro franchise is greeting another:
a>.jpg

Attachments

• a>.jpg
    a>.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 127
  • a>.jpg
    a>.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
A few brain cells died...pacing was an issue. Some characters had weak and terrible dialogue. "My face is my warrant! "

Optimus wanted to fly suddenly at the end...
What the what!?

The Autobots are getting better dialogue, and have some of the funnier moments as well. "No violence unless its absolutely necessary- I'll kill you! DIE!"

Worst movie of the year? Maybe. .. And it says at the end credits in fat bold letters:
DIRECTED BY MICHAEL BAY...so please Bay haters recognize, and people saying Bay had nothing to do with this too

The ONLY thing that would get me into this movie would be to see the Detroit BOBLO Boat, of which I've spent many hours on in my childhood.

511453A5-94CF-4B6C-B008-097D0A70105E_zpsqf9yepkg.jpg

I saw it today, really liked it. Of course not perfect, the fed agent saying My face is my warrant was about the worst line ever delivered. Tucci got too goofy for me, wasn’t a big fan of him. Hound stole the show, GREAT character and perfectly voiced by John Goodman. Loved the Generation 1 Prime throughout the beginning and the old school camaro for Bumblebee. Dinobots had no dialogue at all which was disappointing and not enough screen time. But the movie did have some great moments that had me grinning ear to ear. Flying Optimus at the end was weak. Transformers don’t need ships then if you can just fly to deep space on your own . Lame.
I had a fun time, that’s all that matters. I’ll see it again. 3d was very well done, saw it on Imax.

Dinobots had no dialogue at all which was disappointing and not enough screen time.
I was convinced Grimlock had one line, when they storm the bridge, and he says something about holding the line. Unless it was the camera focusing on him and another character said it.

I think the thing that really shocks me with ALL the live action Transformers films is that people have such a love of the original cartoon,yes I was all hot for it in the 80's but now I go back and watch it and I.....cringe,even the old comics make me wonder about the hallucinogenic properties of a pre-teen mind-for me anyway almost NOTHING I watched as a kid has much to make me "nostalgic"

I mostly just wanna bury it and try to forget I ever liked that crap.

This film was horrific, worse than the other installments by a long way. CGI was terrible in some places, especially the transformers that transformed into these floating cube things. It just looked like bad CGI placed over the top of live action footage, not good at all.

The charcters were weak, the only exception to this was the guy who was the owner of KSI, he did an alright job but it seemed Bay just wantes to turn him into John Tutoro's character from the previous films.

This film has to set the record for the number of pointless explosions ever by the end I just wanted it to stop.

Worst film of the year.

I think the thing that really shocks me with ALL the live action Transformers films is that people have such a love of the original cartoon,yes I was all hot for it in the 80's but now I go back and watch it and I.....cringe,even the old comics make me wonder about the hallucinogenic properties of a pre-teen mind-for me anyway almost NOTHING I watched as a kid has much to make me "nostalgic"

I mostly just wanna bury it and try to forget I ever liked that crap.
This. When people talk about how great something was, they really need to see it with fresh eyes and not rose-tinted nostalgia glasses. Around the time the first TF film came out, I picked up the Gen 1 series on DVD, and holy crap it's bad. I could barely stomach actually sitting through it. People tend to go as far as watching the TF Movie from '86, but that's Academy Award quality compared to the TV show, "Dare to be Stupid" and all.

This. When people talk about how great something was, they really need to see it with fresh eyes and not rose-tinted nostalgia glasses. Around the time the first TF film came out, I picked up the Gen 1 series on DVD, and holy crap it's bad. I could barely stomach actually sitting through it. People tend to go as far as watching the TF Movie from '86, but that's Academy Award quality compared to the TV show, "Dare to be Stupid" and all.

About the only show from back then that I can sit and watch and still get some enjoyment is The Real Ghostbusters most everything else varies from fairly bad to ungodly awful.

And the review above were the guy talks about the original TV show having "soul" is a laugh a minute,bub that ain't soul that is a company trying to market their toys to 1980's kids same with the comic.

This movie is just getting crucified on social media. I really thought Mark Wahlberg might add to it (can't be worse than Shia) but man... it is getting NO LOVE.

No this was just a bad dream and a waste of ticket money for a lot of people. The third movie was bad, but at least it managed to keep going at a decent pace. This one...Jeebus I dunno who was doing the CGI and editing but they needed to be fired, and then set on fire. Bad script, bad acting, bad CGI, bad plot, choppy action sequences, and way too much pyrotechnics for minimal effect.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back