Imperial Armor/Dan Laws

Namath12

Does anyone know what the deal is with Imperial Armor/Dan Laws? I am fairly new to costuming and decided to finally take the plunge with a Snow Commander costume from Imperial Armor. I made the decision to go with Dan Laws based on several recommendations from 501st members.

I ordered my kit over a year ago and still nothing. I understand that there are wait lists but when there was communication with IA/DL I was second on the list as per an email I received from IA. All my emails and IMs go unanswered and maybe even ignored.

If anyone has any information or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

-Thanks

P.S.

I am sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Just learned the RPF existed. In just about a half hour I learned SO much!!

Excellent product, loooong wait. Friend of mine waited for 15 months. Huge backlog. DL is no con artist; people do get their stuff eventually. If you're in a hurry, I'd suggest a different vendor. His stuff is top notch though.

Welcome to the madness, by the way!

Exactly as Gatekeeper said DL stuff is simply great! He will not run with your money, no to worry. The wait is long and communication is not the best, but in the end you get a fantastic top notch product.

Namath, have you registered over at the Blizzard Force Forums?

They aren't as active as the RPF I think, but they are all catered to the specific costume and could probably hook you up with additional details.

DL's TIE helmet is one of the best out there. His AT-AT is the best. I've owned a DA helmet, very cool but accuracy wise it was inferior to DL.

So, has anyone actually received anything from DL? My order was placed August 2011 and I cannot get an update of any kind from him.

So, has anyone actually received anything from DL? My order was placed August 2011 and I cannot get an update of any kind from him.

Wow, I thought I'd been waiting a long time (December 2011). Had a couple of replies, one said nearly there- 4th on the list so not long to go and one said just give me a couple more weeks to finish. Both these never came true unfortunately.

Did you guys order a full set of armor or just helmets? I was hoping to order a TIE Pilot Helmet at the end of the year but not so sure now.

Did you guys order a full set of armor or just helmets? I was hoping to order a TIE Pilot Helmet at the end of the year but not so sure now.

I ordered 2 sets of armour with helmets so it is a big order- in my opinion there is no substitute for DL's stuff.
If you do go ahead you'll probably go to the end of a very long queue and you can expect a long wait (you may have your stuff by Episode 9 though).

From what I have seen DL's snowie and commander stuff is top notch - way better than others. I am going to pick up his AT-AT as it looks spectacular.

I have a DL Snow trooper Commander and it is top notch his pulls are crisp and nice. I had a Snow trooper from another maker which I am glad I sold it cause the pulls were very soft. I am ordering a DL Veers kit next since he has redone the kit. I am also planning on picking up a DL snow trooper cause the quality of his work.

So how long are the orders taking because in my humble opinion nearly three years without any updates is unacceptable, but if you want to risk your money then go ahead and order.

How did you manage to place an order to begin with? All my emails about a helmet have been ignored.

Your situation sucks man, completely unacceptable.

Have also stuff on order and wait for 2,5 years now. The last message i got was that he would finish it until end of june ...since then nothing hear :(

Have also stuff on order and wait for 2,5 years now. The last message i got was that he would finish it until end of june ...since then nothing hear :(

I assume you meant 2.5 years and not 2 to 5 years????

Yeah, this is a re-occurring theme. I had no idea he took so long with everyone.

I guess that is the price we pay for the best.

Wow, these complaints bring me back to the Matt "TrooperExpert" Gauthier days. Months and years waiting for orders.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back