Alien: Covenant (Prometheus Sequel)

*****, is that Shaw in the HBO preview at the end?

I guess that was the result of one of David's failed facehugger experiments. Whether it be the facehugger's lack of tough skin or not being able to knock the victim out quickly, Shaw... well, managed to get a bite in.

If you do a google search of "alien covenant shaw" there's a leaked set photo.
Where her body looks like it's being transformed into a Giger type hybrid thing. Kind of disturbing!

I know I havent seen this yet, but I have read reviews, but it always bums me out for the filmmakers when they put in SO much work on the sets, costumes, effects etc and it doesnt do well. The crew I mean. I dont feel bad for Ridley Scott because I think he is out of touch and doesnt know how to make a good film anymore. This being one of them. But man, did you see how much work in to making those sets? Crazy.

Some of the things Ridley said there show me that he's way more out of touch than even he will admit.

He wasn't aware Shane Black was making another Predator? And he "doesn't think it matters?"

Yeah... OK. I guess he's drinking his own Kool Aid these days.

The man does a complete 180 on his stated intentions for these films...and while he acknowledges that it was the fans who showed him he was wrong about what we all wanted, now he tries to claim instead that they "weren't the final word" and that basically he now knows just what to do.

Apparently he also thinks we'll believe he had nothing to do with derailing Blomkamp's effort.

I just don't see how you convince everyone--including yourself--that "the beast is done. COOKED" and then turn right round and start cranking out movies that are chock full of "the beast" and act like it's nothing.

I'm sure it's as others have said... he is now obsessed with controlling the destiny of Alien. But he keeps acting like that's not the case. Say one thing...do another. I don't know that i have much faith in his word anymore.

Some of the things Ridley said there show me that he's way more out of touch than even he will admit.

He wasn't aware Shane Black was making another Predator? And he "doesn't think it matters?"

The man does a complete 180 on his stated intentions for these films...and while he acknowledges that it was the fans who showed him he was wrong about what we all wanted, now he tries to claim instead that they "weren't the final word" and that basically he now knows just what to do.

Apparently he also thinks we'll believe he had nothing to do with derailing Blomkamp's effort.

I just don't see how you convince everyone--including yourself--that "the beast is done. COOKED" and then turn right round and start cranking out movies that are chock full of "the beast" and act like it's nothing.

I'm sure it's as others have said... he is now obsessed with controlling the destiny of Alien. But he keeps acting like that's not the case. Say one thing...do another. I don't know that i have much faith in his word anymore.
Very well said. Besides, when was the last good Ridley Scott film?

Sounds like Ridley is not in denial about the failings of Prometheus.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/alien-c...es-two-alien-sequels-exclusive-144721534.html

“It went straight up there, and we discovered from it that [the fans] were really frustrated. They wanted to see more of the original [monster] and I thought he was definitely cooked, with an orange in his mouth. So I thought: ‘Wow, OK, I’m wrong’.”

Is he effing crazy? I've read plenty of reviews to Prometheus and not once did the subject of a 'lack of Xenomorph' ever come up as a negative. I MYSELF DIDN'T EVEN CARE THAT IT LACKED A XENOMORPH! Where is he getting these opinions that the lack of a Xenomorph was the reason that Prometheus failed?

2015. The Martian?

I get your point, the rest of his stuff is more hit than miss, but don't be throwing shade on The Martian. A broken clock is right twice a day and all that.
I didnt know that was Ridley Scott, I didnt see that one. Ok Ill give you that. But usually when I think of Ridley Scott, I think of Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator. I feel like his flops are outweighing his accolades.

I didnt know that was Ridley Scott, I didnt see that one. Ok Ill give you that. But usually when I think of Ridley Scott, I think of Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator. I feel like his flops are outweighing his accolades.

THE MARTIAN is an awesome film (gorgeous transfer = eye candy anyway) and I quite liked ALIEN COVENANT after seeing it today. Whilst I really do think PROMETHEUS is top rate Sci-Fi, it was a disappointment to the ALIEN franchise, but this one more than makes up for that.

Denial, isn't just a river in Africa

;)

Rght about now a dimension jump to another dimension where Blomkamp's ALIENS 2 exists would be rather welcome

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back