ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Thanks for the confirmation. Weird that the color is supposedly accurate to the screen-used, but I guess it's just the next grey AT-AT/ brown Han Hoth parka scenario... :) I wonder if any behind the scenes stuff from the blu-ray shows the costume, I haven't watched yet.

The lady from Anovos asked me what I thought and i told her I thought it was awful she was like but its accurate ive seen the screen used one to which i replied yeah so have I and thousands of others last year and that is not accurate apart from the colour the collar was too shallow etc

Went ahead and PO'd Poe helmet with the 15% off coupon. Is Anovos releasing a regular and a premium Poe helmet? Or was the premium helmet announced in Celebration meant to be today's release?

Went ahead and PO'd Poe helmet with the 15% off coupon. Is Anovos releasing a regular and a premium Poe helmet? Or was the premium helmet announced in Celebration meant to be today's release?

ordered as well, never heard any news of a standard line of the Poe Helmet.

First I was happy to see that Anovos anounce the Poe helmet but if you look at this picture it looks very differend throuh the Propshop helmet. So which helmet is more movie accurate?

29106156yn.jpg

To me, it looks like the perceived differences between the Prop Shop helmet and the Anovos could just be the angle. Essentially, the prop shop photo looks as though it was taken from a perspective a few steps to the left of where the Anovos (or to think the opposite way, the Prop Shop helmet was rotated slightly to the right versus where the Anovos is positioned.)

That comparison makes it clear that weathering makes this look 100x better though.

To me, it looks like the perceived differences between the Prop Shop helmet and the Anovos could just be the angle. Essentially, the prop shop photo looks as though it was taken from a perspective a few steps to the left of where the Anovos (or to think the opposite way, the Prop Shop helmet was rotated slightly to the right versus where the Anovos is positioned.)

That comparison makes it clear that weathering makes this look 100x better though.
I agree about the difference in angle making them difficult to compare.

The weathering certainly does make a big difference but don't forget the PropShop helmet cost way more.

I would like an Anovos kit version with multiple sticker options to allow creating versions for different pilots.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

True, nice for a version that's more affordable. As for options for other pilots, I was under the impresssion that Poe was the only one who had a black helmet, with all the others being a white base. Am I remembering wrong?

True, nice for a version that's more affordable. As for options for other pilots, I was under the impresssion that Poe was the only one who had a black helmet, with all the others being a white base. Am I remembering wrong?

You are correct, Poe was the only Resistance pilot in TFA who had a black helmet. His callsign was Black Leader even though there wasn't a Black Squadron in the attack group on Starkiller :confused Black sheep complex maybe? :lol

I wanted that Anovos Poe helmet when they announced it .. then, I saw the pictures of a helmet without any weathering?!? I'm very disapointed because making it look perfect is making it look like a Toy for me and it's not worth the 550$ USD price tag that is asked.

At a lower price, I would have taken and weathered it, but might as well buy a fan cast and do that for much less instead of devaluating a licensed prop.

Still disappointed that I had to pass on the offer. That 15% was a nice perk.

I wanted that Anovos Poe helmet when they announced it .. then, I saw the pictures of a helmet without any weathering?!? I'm very disapointed because making it look perfect is making it look like a Toy for me and it's not worth the 550$ USD price tag that is asked.

At a lower price, I would have taken and weathered it, but might as well buy a fan cast and do that for much less instead of devaluating a licensed prop.

Unfortunately the fan casts I have seen all have issues with the basic shapes. There have been some that say they are accurate, then they create a v2 based on more information. It's pretty difficult to really be accurate when you don't have access to one of the actual props.

If you want Anovos to create kits for certain helmets, send an email to support@anovos.com.

I would have preferred a kit or at least unpainted versions of the X-wing pilot helmet and Shoretrooper. I can weather the finished x-wing helmet. Unfortunately the Shoretrooper requires a complete repaint to look as weathered as the on screen helmets. Some of the weathering is beneath the main color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Haven't been on RPF in some time. Ordered the full ATAT Driver Jan 27, 2015.
Received the helmet box May 3, 2017. Received the armour and soft parts box May 5, 2017. Company is saying gauntlets forthcoming different shipment. Ok.
Didn't receive a shipping notice, but received shipments by UPS. Was so disappointed by the Shadow Trooper helmet (size and thin material) that these full outfit orders worried me. Anovos did right with this Old Trilogy outfit.

The Driver abs is shade thinner than my Pilot styrene but is a match for size and finish. Great job on the details inside and out. Take pride in my Pilot because I built that from scratch. The Driver helmet is 501st Legion worthy and can be used to troop in. The armour and soft parts also top notch. Just briefly glanced at them. Curious now how they will roll out the new stuff. Obviously want the complete First Order TIE Pilot, but the very long time wait and amount is always an issue.

Actually excited now for my Snowtrooper packages.

IMG_1553.JPG
IMG_1562.JPG

Are there any comparisons between the EFx and Anovos Shadow Trooper helmets? Looking to add one to the collection and I'm curious which one is "better".

The Driver abs is shade thinner than my Pilot styrene but is a match for size and finish. Great job on the details inside and out. Take pride in my Pilot because I built that from scratch. The Driver helmet is 501st Legion worthy and can be used to troop in. The armour and soft parts also top notch. Just briefly glanced at them. Curious now how they will roll out the new stuff. Obviously want the complete First Order TIE Pilot, but the very long time wait and amount is always an issue.

Got anymore pics of the rest of the outfit? Any peculiar issues that stand out to you? Someone mentioned in the TIE Pilot outfit thread for example that the hoses wouldn't fit to the TIE helmet. Anything odd like that here or are you pretty happy with it?

Are there any comparisons between the EFx and Anovos Shadow Trooper helmets? Looking to add one to the collection and I'm curious which one is "better".
I believe the efx is the PCR line meaning it is injection molded plastic. The plastic is thicker than the vacuformed Anovos. The screen used stormtrooper helmets were vacuformed like the Anovos. The efx is more idealized as far as symmetry. The Anovos is much more like the screen used stormtrooper helmets as far as materials, how it is constructed, and asymmetry.

Which one is better depends on the customer.

I would recommend doing searches for both and watching reviews on YouTube.

I agree about the difference in angle making them difficult to compare.

The weathering certainly does make a big difference but don't forget the PropShop helmet cost way more.

I would like an Anovos kit version with multiple sticker options to allow creating versions for different pilots.

I'm hoping it is relatively easy to disassemble for a repaint. I do this costume for the Rebel Legion, and I do not want to be Fat Poe.

A little sandpaper and a file or two, and some acrylic paint and Robert is you Mom's Brother. Unless, you are only interested in collecting factory original items. Though I find factory original "weathering" to look fake as heck.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back