The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Currently assembling them. I'll try to post pictures when I'm done :)

Thanks, mate! I actually found much better pictures of the Spats online (god they were hard to find), and versions people made on etsy, and now I understand all the 'layers' better I guess. So since I don't have my printer on hand, I decided to try to free-hand the pattern usin' the ol' duct-tape-plastic-bag-around-your-leg trick to make the template, I'll post pictures soon!

On another hand, I finally got around to modifying the Black Leather Vol. 2 faux-leather jacket, like I talked about a few weeks ago. I darkened the parts on the shoulders to make it look more accurate, and just tattered the look of the jacket a bit to give it more texture, and make it a bit less glossy! I used black acrylic paint and a random rag I found, and just rubbed the black into the faux leather, until it was stained. I think I'll try to put some clear coat to secure it, I don't know. but it looks a lot better already (light coats of black were ideal, too, because they look brownish, and not full black.) Sure, it's not the perfect jacket as others have mentionned, but with a bit of retooling it's a relatively cheap alternative!
17671320_1273296056053183_17961524_n.jpg

I modded SoulInertia's shirt to give it the V-neck and added the stitching (on the front only, I couldn't be bothered about the arms because using the double-needle on the sewing machine was an entire pain.) Worked out well. Not movie accurate, but it will look good under my Vol. 2 Jacket.
IMG_8847.JPGIMG_8850.JPG

Also, if anyone need a fast and dirty set of pants in similar style to the Vol. 2 ones, they had these at Forever 21. Some dye, add the thigh pads, they'll pass.
IMG_8851.JPG

I lucked out, I'll be joining 49 other cosplayers for the red-carpet event opening here in Tokyo. Get to see Pratt, Saldana, Bautista and Gunn! Looking forward to wearing the new shirt with my costume, if nothing else!

I would love to see pics of the back

I've actually intentionally not been showing it... I know that it looks right, but most other jacket makers out there don't know what it should look like so I've been trying to keep it under wraps so I don't get copied.

Hello everyone,

I attended Anime Boston a few weekends ago, and got some photo's taken of the Black-Leather Jacket Vol. 2 long coat. (https://www.black-leatherjacket.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-jacket/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-coat) I opted for real leather, and custom fit to my measurements. It's been pretty big hit the few times I've worn it, and I'm in love with the thing.

Just thought I would post it here, because the website photo's don't really do it justice.

Shirt - Inertia Designs (http://www.freewebs.com/inertiadesigns/starlordcostumeprops.htm)
Necklace - Son of Ego (Instagram)

Thanks,
Scotty

IMG_2628-602x903.jpgIMG_2629.jpgIMG_2630-602x903.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_2433.JPG

Saw this today on Instagram, sorry if it's been shared before. It is from @andyparkart

Looks like some costumes are on display at Marvel Studios.

Last edited by a moderator:
My take on the first pendant. I wanted it small (28mm wide) so that I could use it as a fob on my albert chain pocket watch. Having it printed in raw sterling silver right now. It was rather tricky getting it to an acceptable level of accuracy and still conform to the limitations in metal printing. It had to go through several revisions before it passed, just barely. (For those interested, the engravings are within a couple microns of tolerance!) If it turns up nice I'll open up ordering to the public for those that one one in real, semi-precious metal. (I also did a couple BPRD cufflinks and a variant of the resurrection symbol from Hellboy just in case this doesn't print well.)

slpendant.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back