• purgeelection.jpg
    purgeelection.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 92
  • purgeelection.jpg
    purgeelection.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Purge: Election Year

Welp, I'll be waiting for this on Netflix, just like the other two.

Don't get me wrong, I love the movies and especially the concept behind them, but it's not something I'd go to the theaters to see.

Same here. I didn't think they were bad, I'm just not paying to go see it in the theater.

These movies have a very 1970s dystopian feel to them the way they do things in the story. A society that's happy but pays a heavy price for it. And honestly some days I wonder if a Purge would actually do some good in the real world.

Not a fan of these conveniently over simplified, 70s style movies. I find the premise so comically distant from reality, while trying to be so serious and so self analytic, that it deserves its own genre: pseudo-social melodrama.

Last edited:

They gave away the entire story in that trailer. I didn't really care for the first one, thought the second one was OK.

The premise is just a little silly IMHO. Entire cities and towns would be set on fire and destroyed during a purge. So, the films end up playing a little timid for what I would imagine would go on.

Are You Ready?

3 Days to go till Election Year!

I know it's too small for me, and a girl wears it, but I don't care.. :lol

Attachments

• IMG_2419.JPG
    IMG_2419.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 108
Just got back from seeing it, i like it alot. If you're a fan of the second one then you'll like this one. You cant take these movies seriously, they are a hair above a b movie with a bigger budget. In this one you get the stereotypes of minorities, and over the top deaths.

Frank Grillo does a great job like he usually does.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back