Adam Savage's Sankara Stones are Missing!

time to start imbedding RFID chips in your props.
Teddz said:
Do any of you builders out there put serial numbers or unique identifying markers on your production runs?

Not to take away from the Topic, but I did this for helmets I used to make. It was an attempt to make the items unique and identifiable (and discourage re-casts). It was easy to do and very inexpensive.

I hope you get your stones back, Adam.

Wow...saw this on Twitter. Upsets me. Adam is a very cool guy and just wants to share his love of movies (and the props found within), and some dufus swipes something.

I hope it doesn't dissuade Adam from having another party, cuz someday I'll get back to the SDCC and I'll want to go AND NOT STEAL SOMETHING!!!!.

I'll get the other two stones back and be able to figure out which one is missing next weekend. I'm traveling for MB this week and Norm is still driving home with all the stuff. Only one stone was missing (someone also took the Han Solo out of the hand of Frank Ippolito's insanely beautiful Rankor costume). We had 900 people in that club. Deadmau5 was playing. It was insane.
I have tweets from people who were filming the Deadmau5 set that saw all three stones at 12:30am. I heard about the missing stone an hour later. I'll photograph my two stones and look at my archives to figure out who went rogue. Does Azuma still make them?

Reminds me of when the MR Luke ROTJ V2 prototype disappeared from a prop party years ago. Hopefully your stone will find a similar fate and just show up in the mail with an apology note.

Adam,

As I just told you in Twitter, I feel your pain, you can have one of ours if yours does not pop in once ExpoSyFy concludes, if you wish.

I'll get the other two stones back and be able to figure out which one is missing next weekend. I'm traveling for MB this week and Norm is still driving home with all the stuff. Only one stone was missing (someone also took the Han Solo out of the hand of Frank Ippolito's insanely beautiful Rankor costume). We had 900 people in that club. Deadmau5 was playing. It was insane.
I have tweets from people who were filming the Deadmau5 set that saw all three stones at 12:30am. I heard about the missing stone an hour later. I'll photograph my two stones and look at my archives to figure out who went rogue. Does Azuma still make them?

I guess Azuma might be able to get a replacement? If not, Restaurajones is doing a run of INCREDIBLE light up stones at this moment. Based on the pics, these must be as great as Azuma's...

Saw this on Facebook and my heart dropped. I feel awful for Adam, who is so open and outgoing about props, prop making, and the hobby as a community. I sincerely hope this doesn't sour him on sharing his collection with fans. More so, I hope he gets them back and the thief is arrested.

here is a pic of Adams Sankara Stones i took from the Nerdist interview, about his Dredd costume at his Cinephile party.

adams stones.png

a link to the page the vid is on

http://nerdist.com/exclusive-we-tal...iece-sdcc-judge-dredd/?gallery=277498#gallery

Sorry to hear about the trouble, Adam. Please dont let one Dumb as s person change how you see the community. If anyone hears anything, we'll pass it on to you.

I would accept the return of the stone with no questions asked. I'm pretty sure that someone just got really drunk and was trying to impress their date. Sad though as this was from Azuma's run, and I loved having the complete set (only one was missing).

I asked you on Twitter where someone could anonymously drop them off so they would be returned. You answered, "Can be mailed to the Tested offices, or dropped back off at @FLUXXSD. Just one stone missing."

I really hope it turns up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man this sucks.

I'm honestly pretty surprised they weren't in a locking case. I always assumed "public" prop parties (i.e. not the ones we throw off the board) had stuff in clear locked cases like Planet Hollywood or something.

I really hope the stone gets back to you.

Chris

I wonder what value the police would place on this, as grand theft or larceny usually comes with an amount threshold.
I could see the cops responding to this, much like a Big Bang Theory episode, where Adam is telling a cop (who clearly doesn't get it) that they're rocks, but not really, from a movie, but not really...
Not diminishing the suckiness of this, Adam, I'm just wondering how serious the police really took this. Probably was much more a serious thing to them that you're a recognized face in a lot of places from the TV show.
Man, I hope you get your stuff back. Nobody deserves this.

Wishing for a safe/quick return of your prop Adam...and from the mouth of my Police friends: "Thank God criminals are dumb" ; someone is bound to make a mistake and your property will be found in no time.

Just out of curiousity: is there more info about the origins of these stones? Did Adam made them himself, or did they come from a run here or on the COW? Are they production mad?

Yes, Azuma's version for sure! Not hard to identify in a secondary market if it will be sell. Eyes open on eBay for someone....!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back